• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klimas cfs clinic

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Dr. Klimas commented about LDN being cheap because it was being heavily studied and she does make a very valid point. I beleieve there was a pretty large and widespread clinical trial that was just started on LDN and it's effeat on Fibromyalgia. If it comes back very positive you can bet that LDN's price will go up.

sensing progress

Hi guys,

sorry to hear of your bad experiences with LDN. That is a real bummer. Seems there is a wide range of reactions to it. I would bet that there is a specific subtype for which it is very helpful and other subtypes for which it is not, although which those are I do not know. I do know three people with ME/CFS who were helped very much by it. Here's some info: http://www.fiikus.net/?ldn and http://livewithcfs.blogspot.com/2010/02/update-on-my-low-dose-naltrexone.html. Anyway maybe we can move any further LDN specific discussion to the other thread and focus on Klimas' clinic here.

Leaves,

I know this is an old thread but I wondered what kind of Electrolyte drinks did you use to build blood volume?
Also did you try the Dr. Gupta's amgydala retaining program, and do you have to be somewhat well to try that?

Thanks,
Hope Love Light

leaves

Hi there! I take drops of endure in my water, this is an unsweetened electrolyte mix by trace mineral research
I never did amgydala training..

Hi Leaves,

Again, I know this is an old thread, but thank you for posting your experience with Dr. Klimas. I'm curious as to how you have been doing as a result of working with her. One of you last posts about your progress was in October, and at that point you weren't doing that well (crediting that lapse to LDN). How have you been doing in recent months? Any new developments?

I will be seeing Dr. Klimas in three weeks and look forward to the comprehensive testing and from what i understand, the good patient care. I am hopeful, but am trying to remain realistic.

Thanks again, leaves!

leaves

Hi there
Yes I'm still much worse than before I saw her. My natural killer function wAs 30 and now is 5.At first I thought it was because of the ldn nOw I think it was the imunovir. All I can say is go slow And listen to your body. Don't start a lot of new things at once. Good luck.

Leaves - I am so sorry you took a nosedive. UGH. How i know what that feels like. Are you continuing to see Dr. Klimas? Has she suggested other protocols? Has she helped you through this relapse? I would love to hear where you are with your treatment plan, doctors, etc.. Thank you so much!

*GG*

Leaves - I am so sorry you took a nosedive. UGH. How i know what that feels like. Are you continuing to see Dr. Klimas? Has she suggested other protocols? Has she helped you through this relapse? I would love to hear where you are with your treatment plan, doctors, etc.. Thank you so much!

Yes, I would be interested in this also. I was thinking that I might go see her some day?!