• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ketone Salts - Good Stuff.

gregh286

G'day,
So, my metabolic dabbling has brought me to these products that push up your ketones quickly without the need for keto diet, strangely little chatter about them on here bar this quite successful punter:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...sed-activity-tolerance-and-reduced-pem.52639/

The salts seem to be a poorer relative of these new esters hitting market by storm, waiting patiently on their arrival, they push ketones 5-6 times higher than salts.I do struggle to stay mostly keto at times as it such difficult to stick to imo, or just my lack of discipline or whatever.
https://hvmn.com/blog/exogenous-ketones/ketone-salts-ketosis-with-a-cost

I think the salts may work in high doses as I read somewhere on myhill they fed Gulf veterans 1.5g per 1kg. Like 150g a day of ketone salts for myself, which is a pretty brutal amount.

I had great energy with MCT oil, but knocks out all candida (caprylic acid) from lower colon, triggering constipation, gloopy stools and a host of gut issues, so unfortunetly I shelved it along with the other 2039 suppplements.

Some good insight here from myhill: http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Ketogenic_diet_-_a_connection_between_mitochondria_and_diet

As a avid user of ALA and the critical importance of keeping blood sugar under control.

I have found them (ketone salts) useful for some extra energy, but I don't think they are a keto diet replacement as they just dont get keto levels high enough. The esters may be another story however.

Still notice the DIRECT correlation between energy levels and neuropathy. If I take too much carbs HR will spike and that night/overnight/sleeping neuropathy will be pretty bad. So, the glucose is damaging what..??? the nerve ending, the small vessels, what is the damage to? Then it takes days to reset back.....i think we are in constant cycle of nerve damage, vessel damage etc. Body always repairing itself.

Anyways, roll on the esters, i look forward to report back with something amazing. #youwillneverbeatme

Caio all.

Last edited:

gregh286

Hey greg, what dose are you using and do you experience gut symptoms with it?

3.scoops in 750ml of water. I take it in over a 3 hour period cos it does give you nausea if you hoof it in all at once.
That's like 40g of ketone salts. 13g a scoop.
Taste isn't great and is bound to lot of sodium so long term could push BP higher.
The esters should be the ticket but at $100 a pop would need to be Jeff Bezos.

I was trying to eat keto this week....but even eating hummus....mixed nuts...carrots.....still pushing 20g or 30g a day in and I checked keto strips never budged.
I find i have to stick to almost zero grams of carbs to get my body to start shifting. It's so hard cos you get restricted so much then. I mean people harp on avacodo etc. They have 9% carb. 4 a day and keto is gone. Brazil nuts have 12% carb. 200g bag and boom theres 24g of carb.
Coconut 15% carb. MORE than a pineapple has!

Meat fish dairy and eggs only more or less I'm afraid for me. Some olives also.

Last edited: