• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Keratoconis Question

VeganMonkey

Anyone with keratokonis here? Have you had surgery for it? I was told to get a cornea transplant but I researched it a bit and everywhere people with EDS say it didn't go well for them. I read a book about EDS and eye conditions and corneal collagen cross-linking was suggested as better option. Has anyone gotten this done?

SDSue

Southeast
Anyone with keratokonis here? Have you had surgery for it? I was told to get a cornea transplant but I researched it a bit and everywhere people with EDS say it didn't go well for them. I read a book about EDS and eye conditions and corneal collagen cross-linking was suggested as better option. Has anyone gotten this done?
If you are unable to get good vision from glasses or regular contact lenses, a very good option for the interim while you consider surgery is scleral contact lenses. Here is a summary article.

Scleral lenses are making a comeback in the US, but I don't know about Australia. Best of luck to you!