• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Katz webinar on XMRV Coming up on Thursday

Otis

Señor Mumbler
My computer crashed right after Kim unmuted herself :ashamed:. Any good questions/answers?

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Take home message for me is that the NIH/Alter paper will be published this month. Hopefully the 24th, since everyone will be back from vacations both in the USA and the Europe. Latest would be the 31st since the XMRV symposium is the following week. The publication will have to be before then.

Lynn

Take home message for me is that the NIH/Alter paper will be published this month. Hopefully the 24th, since everyone will be back from vacations both in the USA and the Europe. Latest would be the 31st since the XMRV symposium is the following week. The publication will have to be before then.

Do we know for sure that it will not be published tomorrow?

Lynn

leaves

AAAAAAH I missed it :(((((

What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The suspense is killing me... I can never log into these webinar things so have to wait to hear what people say about them afterwards... sounds really good...

Has he said yet whether they're going to ban PWC from donating blood in the US? Is he the guy who would know?

V99

The suspicion is that they won't publish in the early edition. It's being such a big story, they will go straight to the main Tuesday edition.

I'm calling it stalking PNAS.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
AAAAAAH I missed it :(((((

What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?
What did he say?

Hey, it's you and me again, leaves! Out of the loop!

V99

He said he thought there was no difference between deferring donation and banning.

Sort of in those words

V99

There was nothing new, but he explained how the blood donation system operates.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
I'm stalking PNAS too. Normally the embargo for the coming week's stories lifts Monday 3 PM eastern (that's 20 minutes ago, noon on my coast.) However there have been many guesses that this story will not have the "normal" treatment. I still have the 17th in the imaginary pool, but was hoping we'd see results from a press embargo lifting today...

V99

He mentioned ME as an alternative name for CFS :D:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_0541..jpg
    IMG_0541..jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0540..jpg
    IMG_0540..jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 31

leaves

Thanks guys and girls. Hmmm what about those false positive? Could culture be false positive too?

Robyn

He also made reference of it being of a "positive" on the side of WPI. He said the blood group is anxiously awaiting this paper. He thought that an assay test would be available within the next 12 months. When asked about it.