• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Justina Pelletier Sues Boston Children's Hospital and doctor for medical malpractice ...

valentinelynx

You will notice that I qualified it with "considering what she has been through". And what she has been through is horrendous. Coming at the time in her life that it did, it could have long lasting effects. I hope that very harsh judgement are returned against the people involve and that it brings about some much needed changes in the medical community as a whole.

That many months back I cannot be sure what I was thinking, but I would guess that I was trying to convince myself that she had not been totally destroyed by it all. Young people can be resilient. I am wishing the very best for Justina and her family.

sorry, didn't mean to be confrontational. I too am often stuck by how "good" ME patients look in media images. Only those living the experience can know what it really "looks" like behind the smiles for the public.

Back