• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just got my 2nd Antibody Results from Pfizer vaccine

bertiedog

Because I felt my immune system was negatively affected after the Pfizer vaccines (developed an allergy to some gluten free products I never had within 3 weeks of the 1st vaccine and also I didn't have my usual energy level for over 3 months after the 2nd one. Therefore I knew I didn't want to have a booster so I paid for a private test using an NHS lab but organised through Yorktest.com to see what my antibody level was 3 weeks after my 2nd Pfizer vaccine which I had on 23 April. (1st one was on 9 February).

The result was extremely high at 1660 U/ml on 15 May.

I did the follow-up test for antibody levels last Thursday on 16 September and just got my results. They were 438 U/ml and the Lab states that the NHS consider a level over 250 as high. Obviously levels have dropped a lot as has been reported in the studies but if the NHS is right then I have nothing to worry about and don't need a booster which suits me fine. Naturally I am pleased that I am still protected against Covid and severe disease.

Not sure my GP will see it that way but I am going to decline the booster jab and probably will retest early in the New Year. I do think the decision is quite difficult for those of us who have a far from robust immune system due to ME/CFS.

Pam

ljimbo423

Not sure my GP will see it that way but I am going to decline the booster jab and probably will retest early in the New Year. I do think the decision is quite difficult for those of us who have a far from robust immune system due to ME/CFS.

I've been undecided about getting the vaccine at all. I'm afraid my ME/CFS might get a lot worse and I can't afford that. Even though I'm pretty sure I've had Covid twice, about 9 months apart, the vaccine still makes me really nervous.

Your antibodies levels have been dropping an average of about 300 U/ml a month since May 15. If this is consistent, your antibodies levels would be 0 in less than 2 months.

Please don't take this as me pressuring you to get the booster. I just thought this info might be useful. I completely understand you not wanting the booster.

Zebra

Hi, @bertiedog

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and test results with us!

I am fully vaccinated (Pfizer), and I am *not* looking forward to possibly getting a booster shot in a few months. My body had a ridiculous, over-the-top reaction to the second dose. I am definitely not looking forward to a repeat of that experience.

I will follow your lead and get my antibody levels checked and consult my doctor about the need for, and timing of, a possible third dose.

There is also the moral question of equitable global distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines. It's appalling to me that I may be eligible for a third shot, when our fellow human beings in countries all over the world don't yet have the opportunity to receive a first dose.

I'm not interested in a political debate with anyone on PR, I'm just sharing a genuine feeling that weighs heavily on my heart every time I hear discussions of booster shots in the news.

bertiedog

Your antibodies levels have been dropping an average of about 300 U/ml a month since May 15. If this is consistent, your antibodies levels would be 0 in less than 2 months.

Yes I realise that is possible, hence the retest at beginning of next year. I also understand that the antibodies are only one part of the immune systems' response to a virus/infection and I think its the B cells that remember the virus so they will attack it and obviously we cannot or don't test for that.

Pam

Have you heard of TDetect? It tests your t cells which is better then antibodies. It's EUA approved and you can get it free if you make under 50,000 a yr assets don't count. And you do it in the phone. 90 percent accuracy if past infection 10 months. Google TDetect. If you don't it's about $200 or so. @ljimbo423