• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Judy Mikovits presenting in Edinburgh on 21 April

parvofighter

Great find Natasa!

Natasa, this is brilliant news!
Dr. Mikovits has been invited to present data pertaining to prostate cancer and ME/CFS at the 50th British Society of Hematology scientific meeting next month.

Will this be data from the Robert Koch re-tested prostate patients?
Remember Dr Mikovits was collaborating with Bannert's German prostate cancer research team from the Robert Koch Institute (the folks who did not find XMRV in some 600 prostate ca patients)? From what I vaguely recall, the Bannert prostate paper was already in the works when the Science paper came out. After Oct 8th, Bannert and WPI agreed to collaborate, to retest the hitherto XMRV-negative German prostate patients with WPI's assistance. And we eagerly await the results... Geez, this could blow those weak "XMRV non-replication" studies out of the water! While the scientists unable to find XMRV in ME/CFS patients have been griping at the WPI, the WPI has been quietly collaborating with other negative studies - notably Bannerts - to assist them in their lab methods to find XMRV. Kudos to Bannert's team for their genuine scientific curiosity to find out: were their methods sufficient to find XMRV? :D

Based on the intense interest in XMRV and prostate cancer at the Conference on Retroviral and Opportunistic Infections and other recent venues, I wouldn't be surprised if there is yet more corroboration in the pipe that indeed Mikovits, Silverman, Singh, etc are the gurus to understand just how to isolate this virus in prostate cancer - and oh yes, ME/CFS - patients.

So... the million-dollar question is: Will this be new WPI data presented? In which case, can we expect another publication from WPI soon? Anyone know?

Now I gotta ask my globe-trotting hematologist whether he'll be @ that conference. I feel like a dog who just found a muddy bone in the dirt! Pant, pant.:Retro smile:

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
With the UK basically developing XMRV tests for prostate cancer (and finding it in no/few of those), I can see the XMRV testing battle ground shifting from CFS (where we may have stalemate) to Prostate Cancer. I think its great the WPI is looking at prostate cancer, since what goes on there (with respect to testing) will directly affect us. Bring it on I say!

VillageLife

Ok, It's this wednesday.... Dr Judy needs to be on a boat right now, otherwise shes not going to make it!

Unless of course shes praying hard the planes will be running before Wednesday. (unlikely though)

The boat takes many days of travel, so unless shes on it right now she won't be attending this meeting.

smoke.jpg

HopingSince88

I wonder if the conference will be postponed due to air travel restrictions? Or fly to Spain and travel by ferry and train? Or perhaps they can use technology to pipe-in a live video feed of her.

V99

There starting flights again, so hopefully it will go ahead with her there, but I wont hold my breath.

fred

The game is afoot
I wouldn't pin too many hopes and dreams on this event. Judy is/would be one of four presenters at a 'symposium' that is scheduled at the same time as three other symposia and on the morning of day 3 of the conference (by which time most of the delegates may well be too hungover to know who they are, let alone what they do for a living). And it's a pharma-fest: check out the floor plan of the main conference hall on page 70 in the programme link below.

http://www.bshconferences.co.uk/prog/programme.pdf

I think Judy is brave to attend. UK 'Joe average' haematologists are not known for their forward thinking. Anyone here got a good one?

As always with things like this, I really want to be proved wrong.

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Does anyone know if it will be filmed. Is there any way for us to see, hear or read her presentation.

Rita

We are waiting Judy in Spain, the 26th april for a seminar on XMRV in Cancer prostate and CFS in Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelone.Hope she can fly.Aeroports are opening slowly

dr mikovits will be presenting in scotland via phone apparently....thats wht the WPI said when i emailed their info line,
regards j