• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Japanese forest bathing

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Two hours a week is key dose of nature for health and wellbeing

Research led by the University of Exeter, published in Scientific Reports and funded by NIHR, found that people who spend at least 120 minutes in nature a week are significantly more likely to report good health and higher psychological wellbeing than those who don’t visit nature at all during an average week. However, no such benefits were found for people who visited natural settings such as town parks, woodlands, country parks and beaches for less than 120 minutes a week.

The study used data from nearly 20,000 people in England and found that it didn’t matter whether the 120 minutes was achieved in a single visit or over several shorter visits. It also found the 120 minute threshold applied to both men and women, to older and younger adults, across different occupational and ethnic groups, among those living in both rich and poor areas, and even among people with long term illnesses or disabilities.

Still hanging out in the forest. I am very much improved feel like my old self much of the time. Still doing DNRS while hiking in forest or if it is too hot at at home. Able to live an almost normal life again. I still need a rest in the afternoon on some days. Have a social life again , Able to take care of the house and enjoy cooking. Slow but in an upward spiral.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I've been so cautious in the forest, perhaps I should have been more concerned with the shopping mall. :_

Bear killed after wandering around Ishikawa shopping mall for more than 13 hours

ISHIKAWA

A bear wandered into a large shopping center in Kaga City, Ishikawa Prefecture, on Monday morning and remained there all day until it was killed .
The bear entered the Abio City Kaga shopping mall through a delivery entrance at around 7:50 a.m. The mall, which had not yet opened, suspended business operations and all staff and maintenance personnel were evacuated, Fuji TV reported.
Police were dispatched to the scene but it took them 13 1/2 hours to find the bear inside the shopping complex. The bear was killed by a member of a local hunting association at around 9:10 p.m.