• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ivermectin

Oliver3

I have no issue either way with ivermectin. Just curious. Has anyone tried it.
This doctor claims to be treating fatiguing illnesses with ivermectin and they do really well.

ilivewithcfs

Tried it for my ME, it did nothing. I felt great, when I was on it, but all the symptoms returned, after I had stopped taking it.
Now I take it only if I have a cold/flu. It makes my colds much milder and shorter, and also prevents post-viral flare ups of ME/CFS.

Marylib

Tried it for my ME, it did nothing. I felt great, when I was on it, but all the symptoms returned, after I had stopped taking it.
Now I take it only if I have a cold/flu. It makes my colds much milder and shorter, and also prevents post-viral flare ups of ME/CFS.
Just wondering why you stopped taking it when it made you feel great and symptoms returned when you stopped? Maybe I am misunderstanding you.

Wayne

No, you didn't misunderstand me. I felt great, when I was on it, I stopped taking it, because, as far as I know, ivermectin is not the kind of drug you can take safely forever.
Hi @ilivewithcfs -- I've not taken Ivermectin myself, mostly due to reports I've heard that it can damage the ears, and cause or exacerbate tinnitus. However, I have a sister who takes it once a week as a prophylactic (for COVID) and has not had any problems. I've heard numerous reports it can be very effective for preventing and treating COVID.

I had a good friend who took it as part of a long COVID protocol, and he said he felt great while taking it. I think for the most part, it's a pretty benign substance for most people, and if I was confident it wouldn't exacerbate my tinnitus, I would give it a try. And most likely continue with it indefinitely if it continued to give me benefits.

ilivewithcfs

I think for the most part, it's a pretty benign substance for most people, and if I was confident it wouldn't exacerbate my tinnitus, I would give it a try. And most likely continue with it indefinitely if it continued to give me benefits.
Please, be careful. As far as I know, there weren't any studies on long term use of ivermectin. At least talk to a knowledgeable doctor before trying this drug long term.

Oliver3

Did you watch the video? They explain you need to stay on it.
But virtually everyone responded in his clinic.
I understand the concerns.
We're walking experiments anyway aren't we.
He explains the mechanism of action he thinks are involved too.

Oliver3

Hi @ilivewithcfs -- I've not taken Ivermectin myself, mostly due to reports I've heard that it can damage the ears, and cause or exacerbate tinnitus. However, I have a sister who takes it once a week as a prophylactic (for COVID) and has not had any problems. I've heard numerous reports it can be very effective for preventing and treating COVID.

I had a good friend who took it as part of a long COVID protocol, and he said he felt great while taking it. I think for the most part, it's a pretty benign substance for most people, and if I was confident it wouldn't exacerbate my tinnitus, I would give it a try. And most likely continue with it indefinitely if it continued to give me benefits.
Yes, this is mentioned in the video. They stop the treatment after two weeks the restart

Most people have a good reaction so are reintroduced.
Everyone seems so scared of this drug after it got demonized it seems.
I take on board it may be hard on our organs. But so is m.e. so it's a bit of a Hobson's choice

Oliver3

Oliver3

What is the recommended course of treatment? (I haven't listened to the video...

My GP gave me an Rx for Ivermectin, back before the vaccine was available and I have like five days worth.

Tempting to just try it. Maybe I have a parasite.
I'm the trial in the vid..they tried it for two weeks...then two weeks off to assess any changes...then back on if needed.
A lot of these people are vaccine injured or long COVID patients not m.e. patients but the professor does go into the phenotypic nature of those prone to fatiguing illnesses. Whether it's right or wrong he says there's a fault in the t cell and b cell response to pathogens.
He said ivermectin essentially wraps itself around any spike protein and holds it in situe.
He gives a case example of a young man now back in university after coming down with long COVID.
He also gives a case of the only person who didn't respond was someone with a previous fatiguing illness. He's not sure why as others with the same fatiguing illness have recovered to some extent.
So he's been pretty upfront.
Says he treated I think over a thousand patients so far with good results.
So I'm very inclined to try but also worried as people pint out, that there may be side effects.
Such a shame this hasn't been studied for m.e.

Back