• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IVERMECTIN and long covid

Oliver3

Has anyone seen/ heard the Joe Rogan podcast with Brett Weinstein and Dr Kory ( think that's his name)
Dr Kory is apparently a very well respected frontline doc who is having great success treating long covid with ivrmectin

Has anyone tried the drug.
Apparently this doc has created a protocol to get rid of long covid with ivermectin, an SSRI that crosses the blood brain barrier to reduce inflammation,( that came from a study in a psychiatric unit where the docs got sick but the inmates( ha) not known for their health didn't catch covid. The SSRI was the common denominator), melatonin, and other things .
Of course, ivermectin is anti parasitic, anti viral and anti inflammatory.

Too good to be true?

bensmith

I have, it helped my brain inflammation. Maybe less so now after last crash. I rec it.

marcjf

As a Covid long-hauler, my experience with Ivermectin was a bit frustrating, given my expectations.
I had no side effects, but did not see any gains either. It seems to be the case that, within the LC community, some people improve a lot, but others see no difference. Do not think anybody figured out why yet.

Regarding dosage, I've seen it all over the place. Either 6mg, 9mg or 12mg, taken every 3 days or once a week.

I think it may be worth a try. The real risk comes if you start experiencing neurological side-effects. That shit is neurotoxic. It cannot cross the blood-brain-barrier under normal circumstances, but if people have a leaky one, I guess then it could.

As a Covid long-hauler, my experience with Ivermectin was a bit frustrating, given my expectations.
I had no side effects, but did not see any gains either. It seems to be the case that, within the LC community, some people improve a lot, but others see no difference. Do not think anybody figured out why yet.

Regarding dosage, I've seen it all over the place. Either 6mg, 9mg or 12mg, taken every 3 days or once a week.

I think it may be worth a try. The real risk comes if you start experiencing neurological side-effects. That shit is neurotoxic. It cannot cross the blood-brain-barrier under normal circumstances, but if people have a leaky one, I guess then it could.

The MDR1 genetic variant in dogs, (particularly Collies) and it's effects p-glycoprotein, and the blood brain barrier, means that ivermectin can be neurotoxic in affected dogs.

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/multidrug-resistance-mutation-mdr1