• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I’ve dropped to severe please help

xebex

@t27r hi! thanks for your reply - yes i think there was something going on with the adrenals for sure - it was a massive adrenaline dump after taking an oral rehydration solution which i took because my HR had soared after doing vagus nerve stimulation. I thought i was in a POTs flare hence taking the solution which is standard treatment for POTS but my fear is I have permanetly damaged my vagus nerve, i think the nerve is sending the wrong signals to my brain and heart. All that extra sodium and potassium totally freaked out my system. It's very scary and i just have to put it out of my mind that i have done this to myself.

After 3 weeks it has calmed down a little- i've stopped shaking and sleep is better becaue i'm now on a beta blocker but pretty sure i need to get my heart checked out and don't know how to achieve that seeing as i have severe ME and can't get to a hospital.