• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ISRIB to treat ME/CFS

We just gave her the powder with no DMSO since she cannot swallow capsules.
We have seemed to hit a stall in progress this past week with some regression of movement/spacial awareness and people recognition, so as of today we went back to the 30mg divided into 2 doses. I will update in another week and give progress.
Just wondering how it went. I’m in a similar situation.

Currently we are varying the dose amounts with her to have a hormetic effect and taking breaks to see if we get a different effect with each reintroduction. We are seeing positive shifts when we reintroduce. If we go above 30 mg, she gets very agitated. She seems to have more moments of clarity than a few months ago, but we are far from great cognition. I can say the ISRIB has given her a better quality of life right now as she is generally content and has a sense of humor she didn't have several months ago. Her fine motor skills and muscle tone seem to slowly improve and her body overall is in better condition than it was a year ago. She still needs someone with her 24/7, but overall we are pleased with her progress and enjoying the time we have with her.

On another note, I have seen a significant improvement in math skills and confidence with my 15 yo daughter who had a significant TBI when she was 6. I only gave her 2- 10 mg doses spaced out over 1 month with DMSO.

I have personally taken the ISRIB on 7 occasions with DMSO orally over the past 5 months. 15 mg each time. I felt a very flat affect after the 2nd dose for about 3 days and then it went away. After the 5th dose, I had a significant emotional release where I cried for a whole day, but was able to articulate why I was crying and the next day I felt amazing and have felt very calm and healthy emotionally since then. So very interesting.

Hipsman

@Hip do you think Propranolol might be good idea to take with ISRIB? In my case I think it could eliminate heart side-effects that I experienced (increased heart rate and increased blood pressure):
Propranolol is used to treat angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure), heart rhythm disorders, and other heart or circulatory conditions. It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.

Hip

@Hip do you think Propranolol might be good idea to take with ISRIB? In my case I think it could eliminate heart side-effects that I experienced (increased heart rate and increased blood pressure):

Personally I think ISRIB is a risky compound to experiment with, as its effects on the heart are not well researched and may be unpredictable.

I would not be able to guess if propranolol might help ameliorate those risks, or make the risks worse.