• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is XMRV Causing finger print problems in CFS?

Athene

ihateticks.me
Well, The FBI were fingerprinting me so I could be a regulatory enforcement officer at the bank....nothing dodgy!

Bigmamma, They took my fingerprints by making me touch a pad of very thick, sticky black ink before pressing my hand on paper. So you definitely need the thickest mix you can get. Their stuff was oil based. Maybe touching an ink pad for rubber stamps would work?

I used to have Reynauds syndrome when I was young and sometimes had what you could possibly describe as "crazy red polka dots" on hands, arms or legs during attacks when the blood flow was interrupted. If you can post a photo, I'll see if it looks like the same thing.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Well, The FBI were fingerprinting me so I could be a regulatory enforcement officer at the bank....nothing dodgy

Thats not what I was hoping for:Retro tongue: I wanted intrigue and baddies and goodies, ah well...

but i do know of something that is not normal at all on my hands. they occaisionally break out in crazy red polka dots on both palms and fingers. it is crazy. i have no idea why it happens. they dont hurt or itch or anything at all- they just look absurd. next time it happens i will have to take a photo! and post it on here.

Is it like the hands on the link below?

http://www.lookgreat-loseweight-savemoney.com/livedo-reticularis.html

My hands get like that when I'm standing with my arms down.

about the polka dot hands- thanks for the link. i looked at it. yes sometimes my hands do look like that- very mottled red and white all over- just like in the photo. but the red polka dot thing is different. it is more noticable and bizarre looking. and yes i have had problems w epstein barr virus.

back to the fingerprint issue- guess who marched their sick old self right into the county jail today and got their prints taken professionally? thats right- I did. and guess what? they are a mess! very faint - not normal at all. the technican told me this. i said what are they supposed to look like? she was kind enough to quick do one of hers to show me a "normal" sample. wow what a difference!

bm2

Michael Dessin

I lost the swirls on my finger tips completely after 13 year mark.....just turned very smoothe, but came back when I improved.

judderwocky

I lost the swirls on my finger tips completely after 13 year mark.....just turned very smoothe, but came back when I improved.

I had a lot of weird skin rashes and problems when i was very sick at the begining... ive taken a lot of things to help improve the quality of my skin... don't laugh but i've been using diatomaceous earth lately and noticed my nails and skin are much much healthier.... but yeah... for a while I seem to remember the tips getting real smooth and i just thought it was my eczema flaring up... i guess it could have been this though... i do remember the skin on my right pinky and ring finger getting really smooth... strangely i dont remember it being all of them.... it reminded me of getting "pool toe" when i was younger... but obviously i was no where near chlorine.

gu3vara

judderwocky : I heard many times the benefits of diatomaceous earth, for the skin and nails. You have to mix in the water right? I think it drastically improve the energy/quality of any drinking water, thus providing health benefits.

taniaaust1

Then, there was, no joke, a machine that measured electricty in your body. The other two people with me that tried it the line that measured it barely moved. But when I tried it the line that measured it, shot off the chart. I have no idea what that means but I feel like I get better medical test at a local museum than at the doctors. LOL

bees, there was a study done on that and CFS... and it found we conduct electricity far differently than normal people.

taniaaust1

Is it like the hands on the link below?

http://www.lookgreat-loseweight-savemoney.com/livedo-reticularis.html

My hands get like that when I'm standing with my arms down.

wow.. maybe that is what happens with my hands on rare occassions.. but they are more instead of red spots like on that pic.. mine appear as white spots. (ive noticed my palms go all strangely spotty at times after ive tried to exercise). In my case too it is when my arms have been hanging down when im standing.

taniaaust1

When i was finger printed in a court house.. (they have it all done electronically now.. where one rolls each finger on a like computer pad and the pics come up gigantic onto a huge screen.. then they just press print and get good pics), my finger prints were normal.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Weird. I worked for a school district once and they tried to get my finger prints several times (over 5 times I believe), and couldn't get them. They even made me go to the police station where they used a scanner. They still couldn't get them. My doctor, however, told me it was probably one of two things 1-My thyroid--people with thyroid problems tend to have thinner skin on their fingers or 2--My bladder problems--I go to the restroom and wash my hands so much my skin is constantly dry and peeling. I didn't think any of these made sense, though. My thyroid numbers were fine and I always use lotion on my hands.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
wow.. maybe that is what happens with my hands on rare occassions.. but they are more instead of red spots like on that pic.. mine appear as white spots. (ive noticed my palms go all strangely spotty at times after ive tried to exercise). In my case too it is when my arms have been hanging down when im standing. Originally posted by Ronnie--Is it like the hands below? http://www.lookgreat-loseweight-save...ticularis.html

Yes! I looked at those pictures and they look like my hands do when I wake up in the morning or from a nap. (but no blisters, just alternating red and white patches that look a little swollen).

Does anybody else have a problem with loosing feeling in your arms and hands when you sleep at night (with your arms at your sides) and instead have to sleep with your arms above your head? When I forget, sometimes I wake up unable to move my arm and it scares the crap out of me. It takes awhile to get the feeling back.

Mithriel

I get round lesions on the pads of my fingers, about 1/4 inch circles where the skin peels off and there is shiny sore bits underneath. No weeping though.

Any one else?

Mithriel

I had noticeably disappearing fingerprints by early 1989, after having been sick for a few years, but before starting on medication. To tell the truth, though, I'd never looked that closely at my fingers, so I don't know when the fingerprints actually started to disappear. Dr. Cheney took a good look at my hands in early '89 during an office visit and then took pictures of some of my fingers - he was collecting photos which I think he was going to use at the 1989 San Francisco CFS conference. I have the worst fingerprint loss in my pinky fingers and ring fingers, which are really smooth and almost shiny, and the thumb and index fingers aren't quite so striking. They haven't improved over the years (and neither have I).

beesknees

bees, there was a study done on that and CFS... and it found we conduct electricity far differently than normal people.

I read an article online awhile back. I didn't realize they did a study on it. If I remember correctly the article said it had something to do with the salt levels in our sweat that made our skin a better conductor of electricity. But I never saw any other info about the subject. So I wasn't sure what to make of it. If anyone has a link to information about this, please PM me. Thanks!