• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this the holy grale of living ?

Overstressed

A Russian Professor has created a pill that eliminates all kind of effects aging has on our system. It wouldn't catch my attention if it was not through 'eliminating oxidative stress/damage'. Here's the link:

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/33/Fit-Gez...9/24/Gevonden-de-pil-om-eeuwig-te-leven.dhtml

It's in Dutch.

This Professor has realized already quite a bit on this matter(eliminating oxidative stress/damage) by creating very powerful anti-oxidants. Earlier, he had doubled the lifespan of mices by giving them strong anti-oxidants, and he also created eye drops based on anti-oxidants and gave it to a group of blind horses, dogs and rabbits. All received their sight back.

Very remarkable. Does it maybe help to reconstitute our immune systems, to finally get rid of these ugly retroviruses ?

OS.

Overstressed

Here's an article in English on this supposedly anti-aging compound SKQ1.
Good news is its supposed to improve mitochondria which is a big problem in ME/CFS.
Bad news is if it works it is going to be years before there is anything available generally.

http://singularityhub.com/2010/09/2...aging-or-is-it-just-a-fluke-video/#more-21384

I hope it does work because I dont want Joan Rivers to have to go under the knife again.:D

In my link, the Professor said clinical tests would take 2 years, and they already have started. Thousands of people have tried to subscribe to the trials :)

OS.

Wonko

I'm puzzled

whilst I can understand that oxidative damage could cause amny problems I dont see how removing the active free radicals woudl undo the damage done - it coudl stop more damage but not fix the prexistign damage - tbh if it did then anyone taking it would actually get younger - assuming the hypothosis that free radical damage causes agign is correct

so the blind horse miracle cure strikes me as quackery - sorry

liverock

I dont think he is putting this forward as a cure for any existing disease apart from glaucoma. As I read it, its something that slows down deterioration in the mitochondria and that extends lifespan.

Glaucoma has been treated with other anti-oxidants so there is nothing unique about SQ1 helping with this disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucoma

Natural compounds
Natural compounds of research interest in glaucoma prevention or treatment include: fish oil and omega 3 fatty acids, bilberries, vitamin E, cannabinoids, carnitine, coenzyme Q10, curcurmin, Salvia miltiorrhiza, dark chocolate, erythropoietin, folic acid, Ginkgo biloba, Ginseng, L-glutathione, grape seed extract, green tea, magnesium, melatonin, methylcobalamin, N-acetyl-L cysteine, pycnogenols, resveratrol, quercetin and salt.[34][35][36] Magnesium, ginkgo, salt and fludrocortisone, are already used by some physicians.