• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there a link between prior trauma, type A personalities and Long Covid?

Boba

There’s a comparable discussion with me/cfs and I don’t know what to make of it. Why would kids get Long Covid if it is about some kind of type A personality? I wouldn’t say that I was an overachiever, more like an anxious overthinker.

BrightCandle

There’s a comparable discussion with me/cfs and I don’t know what to make of it. Why would kids get Long Covid if it is about some kind of type A personality? I wouldn’t say that I was an overachiever, more like an anxious overthinker.

They wouldn't its bullshit. There are all personality types in these conditions, it doesn't appear to discriminate, it doesn't seem to care if you are fit and healthy or ill and it certainly doesn't seem to care about how life has gone so fair and whether you have suffered emotional trauma. Its all just nonsense, but then most of Psychology is and the rest will be proven to be so in the future.