• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there a lab in Europe that tests for complement system activation?

ChookityPop

Complement system abnormalities*.

Maybe its possible to send the tests to the US from Europe? Or maybe it will take too long, that I havent found out yet. The best would most likely be to find something in Europe.

This is a CFS Case w/ sustained Complement activation Complete remission after complement activation fragments reached normal levels.

Im very interested to test for this. Maybe I can get my Dr to test for it if Im lucky. Would having complement activation qualify for eculizumab/IVIG? It actually looks like it where I live, maybe this could be a way to get IVIG.

Last edited:

junkcrap50

How did they lower the patients compliment levels? I didn’t see any treatment. Did they just come down to normal on their own? Spontaneous remission?