• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is LDN really causing all of this?

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
Hey,

So i recently tried to Take LDN but since my fatigue worsend, my HR went Up and i got even Cold sores and an infected right eye I Had to Stop. It really kinda nullified my immune system.

I stopped 3 days ago.

The Problem I still have is that my Heart doenst seem to Not Work correctly anymore.
I am very Pale and as soon as I get Up my systolic BP Drops without having a decreased in diastolic. It would Look Like this. 130/85 seated, 108/85 Standing. Pulse pressure is very narrow when Standing and i can barely feel my pulse.
My Heart rate goes Up into the 100s.

I am also very chilly all the time and my veins on my hands that are usually visiable are kinda flat, even when seated.

Needless to say I got the Heart Failure Marker "ProBNP". It was completely normal though and way below the treshold of 100. Not even borderline!

It seems crazy but i can Just feel my Heart isnt pumping "as strong" anymore while obviously the Heart Failure Marker is normal. A Troponin I quicktest 0.5 treshold was also negative so its Not an infarct. (They Just Ruled Out the biggest elephants in the room)

Please Help me, my Heart doesn't cime Back to normal ever since!

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I do Take Magnesium every night and i eat my bananas for potassium so it should be OK? Idk

linusbert

I do Take Magnesium every night and i eat my bananas for potassium so it should be OK? Idk
it could be a symptom of too much magnesium or potassium. sometimes it can be paradox. too much magnesium / potassium might cause weak heart symptoms. i sometimes have weaker muscles the next day after taking potassium.
though i doubt bananas could have that effect.
maybe rest the magnesium for a few days, look how it develops.

JES

LDN is a well tolerated drug for healthy people. Remember that naltrexone is actually approved in a dosage of 50 mg for treating alcoholism and even at that dosage people seem to tolerate it rather well. Then of course us people with ME/CFS react to almost everything in a different way than a healthy person. I don't tolerate a lot of stuff, especially anything that revs up or dampens my immune system, but somehow I can tolerate 1.5 mg of LDN rather fine.

Your heart problems could be due to OI/POTS rather than the heart itself if that has all been ruled out. OI is mainly about heart rate increasing when standing, but I would imagine it could mess up blood pressure control as well somewhat if your autonomic nervous system does not compensate properly when changing position.

Unfortunately doctors do not understand autonomic nervous system dysfunction or how to treat it. My guess is that LDN triggered some kind of flare that you are now dealing with. I don't have anything else to suggest than wait and see if it gets better if everything with your heart structurally has been ruled out.