• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it possible to crash for months or is this an indication that I am losing function permanently?

Jackb23

Over exerted myself for about 2 months because I was running on Adrenalin and couldn’t sleep from the ketamine infusions. But now I find myself light headed, slumped over, not wanting to move at all. It came on suddenly like a change of tides

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
I know the treatments for this illness are completely individualized, but what are some of the things that you did to help yourself recover.
I am trying to document that to help others, since I have done it so many times but is a long explanation. If you want to start peaking on the hows to videos or call me by Skype ( IM me) so I can give you my contact and I apologize becuase it is too much to write but I do not Mind at all to share. I am trying to spread the word.
How to Pace / "Exercise” with ME/CFS
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqeMZ2yerdSC6KbWGs3GPiNGbh6_I8G85

I will load one evening today on strategy for getting better. So start w that . Then based on what bothers you the most you go from there.

I am not doctor but my humble opinion for those with orthsotatic intolerance is where you get the biggest bang for the money.

I recently experienced a bad crash at the beginning of September (from 80% to 30%.) I've felt about 10% better these past few weeks. I know this is so annoying to hear, but it takes time to get back to your baseline. Pacing has helped me. As well as intermittent fasting and trying to get quality sleep at night. Also I've been eating no grains or processed foods and lots of organic veggies. It's super frustrating. Like you said... a sudden change in tides for sure. You will get through it!!! Good luck!

hi. the answer could be no or it could be yes. depending on the individuals strength and health. i would hit the bed and stay there until i feel well enough to leave it. then i would eat very nutritiously, chicken or fish, carbo, and protein. the old fashion diabetes diet that all doctors perscribe. lots of home made soups. then b-12 shots subq, once a wk. some good old fashion supplements, b, c, d, and multi. if still not better, then find yourself a good doctor, who will put you on disability..

good luck, joanie

Moof

I crashed for a year and a half after I had to give up work (I'd really overdone it and had been running on fumes for months). It was extremely frustrating, but ultimately the only thing that really helped was taking really good care of myself and resting, resting, resting... I thought it would never come to an end, but it did.

During the last six months of it, I found some simple, lightweight, repetitive craft work to do whilst I was awake to stop myself being so bored. That helped hugely, as I was at least producing something I could sell, even if I could only do it for a few minutes at a time. I hope you get to the end of your crash soon!

jesse's mom

@Moof has something there, I learned to knit in the first years of getting really sick. Very helpful!

I am supplimeting and it is helping. I was getting way better, like cooking occasionally, and going to see a play without crashing. I got a sore throat and the beginning on bronchitis and I am in bed. But this time the bug did not put me in the hospital, nor am I crashing. there is hope, and there are really brilliant people researching and I hear of people in remission more and more lately.

Rest before you think you need to, eat well. Try meditation to calm the mind.

All the best to you!