• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is "goodpasture syndrome" a part of ME/CFS?

SWAlexander

A person I know was diagnosed with Goodpasture syndrome (10 years ago) after a viral infection.
His case became a medical emergency and he was transported by Helicopter to a specialty clinic.
He doesn´t remember the medication he was given, but he remembers receiving dialysis in addition to the meds.
His kidneys were failing and his muscles were partially too weak to stand up. After about 6 weeks he began slowly to recuperate and 6 months later back to work.
At this time the Dr's believed the viral infection triggered an underlining metal poiseing.

BrightCandle

You can get a hair mineral test. Mine didn't show much in the way of metal poisoning, just the usual deficiencies and imbalance that many see with ME/CFS, but this is at least a testable thing.