• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is anyone going to try the Stellate Ganglion Block procedure?

Rrrr

Here is an update, which I also put in my last post, as an edit at the bottom:

UPDATE from Oct 14, 2022: I made it back to my baseline about 2 weeks after getting worse from my 10th SGB. I think I got worse because I we did too strong a solution (we used Bupivacaine 0.50% solution for the last two shots, and before that we had used less. I think my best SGB results were when we used 0.375% solution.) Anyway, I decided to put SGB on hold for now. I know a few ME folks who have tried SGB and not gotten better. So that is influencing my decision. (Also, I ran out of funds for SGB. Though I think I can do a few SGB with medicare paying for them, with the right diagnosis.) Long Covid folks, on the other hand, seem to get a better response to SGB.

There is a facebook group where folks are reporting in on SGB for ME and LC. It is called "ME and Stellate ganglion block"

Jyoti

I know a few ME folks who have tried SGB and not gotten better

Long Covid folks, on the other hand, seem to get a better response to SGB.
I have observed the same. And I think it is really useful to note--whether you have LC and might benefit or have longer-term non-Covid ME and are less likely to get results from this fairly expensive treatment. I know that if I had LC I'd jump on SGB, knowing what I do now. Throw what money I had at it. And having long-term ME, I am likely not going to invest in it.

Thanks to all who have been trying this procedure for your reportage. Especial thanks to @Rrrr and @Hoosierfans who jumped in courageously and sadly, have not gotten all that they hoped for, that I hoped for them.