• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IrsiCaixa's new study:Researching new tools for diagnosing CFS:HELP with the fundraising campaign!

serg1942

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well done, @serg1942! I recommend everyone to follow that link and read about the project (in perfect English!).

:thumbsup:

Gijs

I do not understand how i can transfer any donation. What is the bankaccount and adres of this organisation/project?

serg1942

Hi Gijs, if you open this website:

http://www.verkami.com/locale/en/projects/8246

You'll see a right hand column saying: "make a pledge". By clinking on the amount you'd like to donate, it appears the different options. I guess for making donations from outside Spain the best ways are either paypal or credit card.

There is also a bank account that belongs to ASSSEM to make the donations:

BBVA ES 68 0182-1413-69-0201553881

It would be necessary to write in the concept: Name and "Donativo investigación"

Please let me know if this is working from outside Spain. If there's any problem I'll contact ASSSEM,

Thanks!
Sergio

Gijs

Hi Sergio, I have tried this account and bank but it does not work from another country in
Europe. I need a correct adress with this account. Is there another option?

serg1942

Yes, I think the two options given by the Web-platform (paypal and credit card) must be the easier way to donate. Anyway, I have already written the the President of ASSSEM asking him to give me the numbers needed to do international bank transferences (iban and swift).

I will post them here as soon as he replies to me... The members of the association must be overwhelmed and inundated with all the work they need to do in so little time (they are sick patients as well), so let's see when they can get back to me...

In the meanwhile, I would really appreciate if anyone could confirm if either Paypal or credit card option work from outside Spain...

Thank you! And do not forget to spread the word!
Sergio

Kate_UK

If you donate with paypal, do you have to fill in where you intend the money to go, or is it automatically sent to the right project?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
If you donate with paypal, do you have to fill in where you intend the money to go, or is it automatically sent to the right project?

It's automatic. I got an auto-email response saying I was set up for a pre-approved payment with Verkami - I think that's because it's a pledge rather than a donation and my money will only be taken if all the pledges together reach the target by the deadline.

Does anyone want to do the credit card thing?

serg1942

That's right Sasha, the minimum established limit required is 5000 euros. If this amount is reached within 40 days then the campaign goes on. It's how this fundraising platform works...Thank you! Sergio

Sasha

Fine, thank you
There's more information about this project, in English, on this thread:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ers-on-cfs-spanish-national-news-paper.29040/

It's strangely hard to see, Bob!

See the right hand sidebar? Keep scrolling down past the big red 'Make a pledge' rectangle and you can see a series of red buttons for different amounts - 'Pledging €10' and so on.

Strangely invisible! I think someone needs to write out instructions and put them on that front page because I couldn't see it until Serg pointed it out.

Bob

It's strangely hard to see, Bob!

See the right hand sidebar? Keep scrolling down past the big red 'Make a pledge' rectangle and you can see a series of red buttons for different amounts - 'Pledging €10' and so on.

Strangely invisible! I think someone needs to write out instructions and put them on that front page because I couldn't see it until Serg pointed it out.
Ah, there they are, thank you Sasha. I still had trouble finding them even after reading your instructions! I thought that they were a list of previous pledges by other donors! :confused:

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
@serg1942 - I really think there's a problem with it being hard to see how to donate. I think it's going to lose that study donors.

Do you think it would be a good idea to contact the page authors and ask them to have a final section such as:

How to pledge
Donations can be made from any country. Please scroll down the right-hand sidebar until you see a red box containing the words 'Make a pledge'. If you continue further, you will see a series of red buttons for different amounts: 'Pledging €10' and so on. Please choose the amount you would like to pledge, click on the appropriate button and follow the links to pledge via credit or debit card or PayPal.​

Also, they seem to have run out of room at the bottom - the text stops in mid-sentence.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Ah, there they are, thank you, Sasha. I still had trouble finding them even after reading your instructions! I thought that they were a list of previous pledges by other donors! :confused:

Me too, and I think that's the problem! @serg1942, maybe the text I suggested needs to be near the top of that page, not at the end, if the page-owners are willing to make that edit.

Bob

I case anyone else has the same problem, this is where you click to make a pledge...

Pledge 1.png

Last edited:

serg1942

Thank you @Sasha and @Bob! Yeap, it is not very intuitive... Great idea to write your text at the bottom!... I have passed the idea on to ASSSEM, not sure if they can change it now though... Anyway, thank you very much for explaining how to do it here!!

Problem is that I am not a board member of this Association, and although I know most of the members of the board, they must be inundated at the moment, and I have no access to these technical modifications (I am sure they will attend these issues in the following days). By now, I can only send the problems we find and the possible solutions to them...

But hey!, We have already reached 1599 € in spite of it all! So thank you guys!:)
Sergio

Last edited: