• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ionic minerals causing me to wipe out, why?

trickthefox

Ive taken ionic mineralls and theyve absolutley floored me, i tried twice to make sure this wasnt a coinsidence, both times they completley wiped me out, why am i getting this reaction? is it the sulfur?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I can only tolerate just a tiny amount, maybe just 1/5th of the rec dose and I don't do that every day, I've also bought electrolyte drinks and they don't suit me either. My theory (for me) is that with leaky gut the minerals get into the bloodstream and cause us to react. I keep trying as I'm going through a period of drenching sweats, so much so I don't need to use my FIR sauna at present, but you certainly need them when you do use one.
Ahmo got her intake by using foot soaks, so that's another way to go perhaps, I did one last night with a spoonful of mineral powder.

drob31

Could it be because there is some unbalancing occuring by one or more of the minerals?