• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Intranasal glutathione

godlovesatrier

Hi all,

I've heard recently that intranasal glutathione is a thing and it makes sense to me that it would be even better absorbed than any other form and no doubt would save me a fortune at the same time.

I also think it might improve heavy metal detox from the brain but hard to know.

At any rate I'm trying to find some online but having trouble. Anyone ever found any?

I believe it's precription only and I reckon in the UK my GP will just laugh at me. So if anyone knows where I might find some - the usual places didn't have it. That would be great.

Thanks.

marcjf

There is one glutathione brand that is popular for inhalation: Theranaturals (https://www.theranaturals.com/produ...-plus-enhanced-absorption-ultra-purity-grade/)
They include instructions on how to dissolve it. I have used this brand in the past, and still have some at home. I used it with a mesh nebulizer. They are one of the few brands that offer a "buffered" solution, which is safer for the lungs.

It seems you are not interested in nebulization, but you could use it to make your own DIY spray. You probably just need to be even more careful with the sterilization. For nebulization, I sterilize everything, and I just throw away any unused solution afterwards. But if you want to create a re-usable nasal spray, it would probably need to be bacteriostatic.