• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interview with Nancy Klimas

Marylib

Go Nancy!

Just try not to look at the film at the beginning, with all the poor sleepy people at work ...groan....

K

_Kim_

Thanks blackbird!!

I was hoping someone would post this interview. My crush on NK is growing with each public appearance.

Interviewer: A lot of physicians don't believe in this disease.
NK: Yeah, it's like Santa Claus. You know they consider a medical illness something you can believe in or not believe in. I've never understood that. Because the science behind this illness is very strong. These patients have tremendous inflammation. You can measure it!

NK in response to the transmission question: It would appear, at least in these very initial kinds of studies that it is more something you get from mother to child, from father to child, that you're born with the virus.
Interviewer: And then there's a triggering event of some kind?
NK: Exactly. Something like, say, Mononucleosis comes along and kicks the immune system off and BOOM!! your sick as the devil and you don't get better.

The interview ended by saying if you'd like to make an appointment at the new CFS private clinic, go to www.cfsclinic.com

leelaplay

Dr Klimas interview AND clinic open!

GREAT find blackbird!

Great 5 minute interview with Klimas on South Florida Today. Odd though that in the list of posted symptoms ("I know" interjected in valleygirl speak) post-exertional malaise wasn't listed.

At the end there's a list of how to donate to Klimas' CFS research www.med.miami.edu/give
click "OTHER"
type in Morton Gift Fund for CFS Research

AND a link to Klimas' newly opened clinic www.cfsclinic.com

shapes.dll

How exciting.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Now how can I get to Florida???????

islandfinn:)

ps I'll copy this to the media thread as well

A

anne

I was hoping someone would post this interview. My crush on NK is growing with each public appearance.

I know. She's so sexy, in an I'm-brilliant-and-am-going-to-cure-your-crappy-disease kind of way.

Alice Band

PWME - ME by Ramsay
Her transmission explanation was Mother or Father - > child.

Then something like mononucleosis kicking off the immune system and then I think XMRV kicking off then

Have I got that right?

How does that fit in with the epidemics?

Any ideas

K

_Kim_

Her transmission explanation was Mother or Father - > child.

Then something like mononucleosis kicking off the immune system and then I think XMRV kicking off then

Have I got that right?

How does that fit in with the epidemics?

Any ideas

You got it right (I posted the quote in my earlier post).

At some point this thing IS infectious. I'm guessing that transmission can be both endogenous AND exogenous.