• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interpreting CIRS results

Could someone please help interpret my CIRS blood panel results?
It’s through Redlabs so the range & (some) units are different than Shoemaker.
I hoped to gain some insight into wether mold or more likely Lyme or more likely Bartonella or all of the above were a problem.. and maybe a hint if I’m still in mold.

a-MSH elevated -> usually low in CIRS; can be elevated du to the pill or pregnancy - both don’t apply to me -> another explanation?

CA4s normal -> elevated when currently exposed to mold but also was found elevated in Lyme patients, but after >5 years of chronic lyme it was found to decrease below normal range -> so possibly currently being exposed to mold & having chronic Lyme for over 5 years at the same time would possibly make a normal result

MMP-9 decreased -> no idea, usually high in CIRS; someone said when it’s extremely low it could possibly be linked to cancer formation but I have not found a source for this

TGFBETA1-S elevated -> high in CIRS

VIP decreased to 0 -> low in mold-related CIRS

VEGF normal -> VEGF can go down in the presence of indoor molds. But in case Bartonella + mold, VEGF can look normal; so either mold & Bartonella or VEGF is actually normal or another explanation

Attachments

• DF8306A5-7202-4E30-965E-CEB814B068F7.jpeg
    DF8306A5-7202-4E30-965E-CEB814B068F7.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 17