• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interferon

Hey :)

Does anyone have experience with interferon?
I couldn't find anything else than this: https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Interferon

Does anyone have an idea what dosing is used in interferon treatment?
And whitch typ of interferon would you recommend?

Cause my disease seems to be very very agressive in progressing, I think I won't be here much longer after a further worsening. I'm realy scared! I can't leave my bed anymore not even for pooping and I'm most of the time too weak for talking. I think interferon could probably be my last hope. Because I don't have the time to wait several months before a treatment kicks in, It's probably best to try interferon beta. What do you think?

I would realy appreciate your input :)
Thanks for helping,
Marco

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

Does anyone have experience with interferon?
I couldn't find anything else than this: https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Interferon

Does anyone have an idea what dosing is used in interferon treatment?
And whitch typ of interferon would you recommend?

Cause my disease seems to be very very agressive in progressing, I think I won't be here much longer after a further worsening. I'm realy scared! I can't leave my bed anymore not even for pooping and I'm most of the time too weak for talking. I think interferon could probably be my last hope. Because I don't have the time to wait several months before a treatment kicks in, It's probably best to try interferon beta. What do you think?

Thanks for helping,
Marco

From memory alpha and beta interferon is anti inflammatory and gamma interferon is proinflammatory. Gamma interferon may make people feel sick while on it.

Could consider interferon inducers such as immunovir/isoprinosine and cycloferon which stimulate natural interferon production which can increase natural killer cell production.

MartinK

Hi there! I discovered Interferons not long ago - German laboratory called IMD Berlin performs blood tests for showing TH1/TH2 immune balance.
This measurement includes Interferon Gamma - INF-g.

I have this Interferon pretty low! - it means really low TH1 IMD labor says (it is not necessarily a shift to TH2).

@heapsreal
From memory alpha and beta interferon is anti inflammatory and gamma interferon is proinflammatory. Gamma interferon may make people feel sick while on it.

I think from what they say in IMD, higher Interferon Gamma is important for strong TH1 immunity. I think it may again show that my immunity is exhausted from the Lyme (last LTT test was high positive).

Maybe @Hip knows more than I do? This is really just my deduction from how IMD interprets it. :)

MartinK

I found really minimum information on how to stimulate and increase INF-g...

Supplements that increased interferon-gamma levels in clinical trials include:
  • Glutamine
  • Probiotics (Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG)
  • Vitamin E
  • Glycine

And looks like Oxymatrine can be useful... or, does it automatically increase INF-g itself once the infectious burden is removed, what do you think? I'm thinking about how important it is to focus on it in treatment...

Hip

I've got a list of supplements which increase interferon gamma. I am not sure if these will help though.

Neem (Azadirachta indica) 1
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) 1 2
Cordyceps 1 2
Echinacea purpurea 1 2 3 (conflicting studies)
Astragalus 1
Astragaloside (from Astragalus) 1 2
Ginseng Korean 1
Propolis 1
COLD-FX American ginseng extract 1 (significantly increases IFN-γ )
Germanium sesquioxide 1
Goji berries (wolfberry) 1
Glycyrrhizin (from licorice) 1
Silymarin (from milk thistle) 1
Selenium 1
Human growth hormone (HGH) 1
Lactobacillus acidophilus 1

dreamydays

Cause my disease Iseems to be very very agressive in progressing, I think I won't be here much longer after a further worsening. I'm realy scared! I can't leave my bed anymore not even for pooping and I'm most of the time too weak for talking. I think interferon could probably be my last hope. Because I don't have the time to wait several months before a treatment kicks in, It's probably best to try interferon beta. What do you think?

Thanks for helping,
Marco

Hi Marco, I have been in a similar position, I got to the stage where I was struggling to eat and had to drink nutritional drinks (Meritene). Luckily I am fighting back and doing better now. Never give up, I have been posting all my trials and efforts to get better, if you are well enough to read some of it. Don't give up, there is a switch in our metabolism somewhere which will turn us back on.