• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting ebv video

Rufous McKinney

When was the video made? What anti virals was she given?

march 7 2017........

from YouTube: more info link-

More on the research: http://on.11alive.com/2hFLjnh

Why am I angry I don' t even have a number of Eppstein Barr....

(my doctor's random comment- they gave me the wrong EBV test).

so she's been sick that long?

I had mono in 1963, but Eppstein Barr was Id in 1964. Ok. What the heck diagnosis was I given?

My EBV number was 750, but that's when I felt much better and was moderate. It would be great to try the antiviral she tried, whatever it was.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
march 7 2017........

from YouTube: more info link-

More on the research: http://on.11alive.com/2hFLjnh

Why am I angry I don' t even have a number of Eppstein Barr....

(my doctor's random comment- they gave me the wrong EBV test).

so she's been sick that long?

I had mono in 1963, but Eppstein Barr was Id in 1964. Ok. What the heck diagnosis was I given?

In Australia you dont get a number or level of the antibodies just igm is a new infection and igg positive is an old infection. This also happens with other viruses and bacterial infections where i have seen other countries report the antibody number which can indicate if its a current ingection if high enough.

I dont think the powers above want us to know or they dont believe in chronic viruses unless you have hiv, hepatitis or on immunosuppressives for organ transplants. Its just insane.

I often wonder if people when first diagnosed with mono, they were put on antivirals for 2 weeks or so, not only do i think cfs would go down but quite possibly MS and many cancers related to ebv🤔

Martin aka paused||M.E.

EBV diagnostics can be quite difficult. For example I have elevated IgM but Western Blot M is negative. EA is quite low and EBNA high. IgG is quite low (102). So I don't know what to make out of this lab results.

The problem with all those tests is that you need a properly working immune system which many ME patients don't have (immune exhaustion, Ig deficiency etc) or you test fluids via qPCR for viral copies and that possibly won't tell you anything with certainty bc EBV is a) neurotropic and b) can disappear from the blood completely (which leads to the AB testing problem, bc in the fluids the immune system is more robust and reacts more likely to pathogens)

What else can we do? Test for cytokines that are our defense mechanism for pathogens (interferons). For example elevated levels of EBI 2-mRNA are correlated to lytic EBV infections (in the upper normal for me). But unfortunately, pathogens can knockout IFNs as well so all in all you could have a persistent infection of EBV and without tissue and/or nerve biopsies won't know about it.

ljimbo423

But unfortunately, pathogens can knockout IFNs as well so all in all you could have a persistent infection of EBV and without tissue and/or nerve biopsies won't know about it.

To complicate things more, I just watched a video of Ron Davis a few days ago saying that he found healthy controls to have reactivated EBV, but without exception, they were asymptomatic.

So there are probably millions of people around the world with EBV reactivations but virtually asymptomatic.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

To complicate things more, I just watched a video of Ron Davis a few days ago saying that he found healthy controls to have reactivated EBV, but without exception, they were asymptomatic.

So there are probably millions of people around the world with EBV reactivations but virtually asymptomatic.
That's the same with lyme. One can say the tests are crap but it's also possible that many ppl catched the bacs without having symptoms.

What's funny is the conclusion Ron draws. That persistent infections don't play a role in ME. I think PolyBio gives a good explanation of why they do and why we are symptomatic but “healthy” ppl are not.
I have written a summary here
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/amy-proal-at-the-iacfs-me-summary.85478/