• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting appointed

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hi,
I had an interesting appt with a German ME doc. He knows all my lab results, the neuroinflammation and the coxsackie.
The weak immune system.

He wanted to recheck EBV (even I did it twice and the last result is from this month?!). He didn't say anything about my coxsackie b4 infection (1:480).

Question he asked were which laundry detergent I use (I told him and that I never had a skin reaction). Then I asked him about treatment ideas. He said he'd give me testosterone (though my levels are right in the median) and Ozone IV and UVB therapy. This would be antiviral too. I should not ask for studies.

I feel a bit like after an appt with a homeopathic. Has did anyone try these?

Thanks,

Martin

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
He sounds like an environmental doctor.

I do think it's important for people with ME to lighten their environmental load even if you do not think you have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities). It's very surprising how just being around that stuff can tire me more but of course, I have MCS.

However, when I was diagnosed with it, I had a dresser full of perfumes and did not realize they were making me sicker.

Anyway, I think he should have been more concerned with those titers.

Also did he seem overly confident that he could make you well? We discussed this recently as a possible red flag on new doctors.

You could still try his protocols if you wanted however, I would not be overly confident in any promises. You should also find out how much its going to cost ahead of time.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

He sounds like an environmental doctor.

I do think it's important for people with ME to lighten their environmental load even if you do not think you have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities). It's very surprising how just being around that stuff can tire me more but of course, I have MCS.

However, when I was diagnosed with it, I had a dresser full of perfumes and did not realize they were making me sicker.

Anyway, I think he should have been more concerned with those titers.

Also did he seem overly confident that he could make you well? We discussed this recently as a possible red flag on new doctors.

You could still try his protocols if you wanted however, I would not be overly confident in any promises. You should also find out how much its going to cost ahead of time.
No he didn't say it would make me better 100% but that it helps many.
I don't know. When I was on Abilify I used perfumes daily and felt good.
It seems to me that my GP knows more about ME than he does

wabi-sabi

Sounds like
1) Assuming that a viral infection is your main problem.. And with ME, who really knows?!
2) Is suggesting ineffective treatment for said viral infection.
3) Wants to treat something that isn't a problem: your testosterone level

4 Adds up to illogical waste of time and money- but call me cynical, jaded, and cognitively messed up!

Pearshaped

Hi,
I had an interesting appt with a German ME doc. He knows all my lab results, the neuroinflammation and the coxsackie.
The weak immune system.
ugh, doesnt sound as promising, some Docs claim to know about ME when in fact they dont..

He wanted to recheck EBV (even I did it twice and the last result is from this month?!). He didn't say anything about my coxsackie b4 infection (1:480).

Question he asked were which laundry detergent I use (I told him and that I never had a skin reaction). Then I asked him about treatment ideas. He said he'd give me testosterone (though my levels are right in the median) and Ozone IV and UVB therapy. This would be antiviral too. I should not ask for studies.

I feel a bit like after an appt with a homeopathic. Has did anyone try these?

Thanks,

Martin