• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Institute of Medical Virology accepts only investigation requests from doctors

kewia

I've called The Medical Institue of Virology mentioned in the ME/CFS roadmap today and as it seems, they don't support orders from private patients.

Neither they provide the service to draw the blood from you in their practive nor do they send equipment to patients out to let draw their blood on their own.
A doctor must issue the request for viral testing, not a private patient.

Is this also the experience of them which got tested at the Institute of Virology in Frankfurt?

However, you can go to the University Clinic Frankfurt to let draw your blood from them, but you will then get consulted by doctor there which causes consultation costs.
This is the Mail from the University Clinic Frankfurt (KGU)(Translated via Google Translate)
Institute of Virology said:
After consultation with our administration and the virological laboratory, I can now inform you of the following:

Should you wish to have the examinations carried out by us, we would arrange one here in our outpatient clinic

Make an appointment with one of our infectiologists for a short conversation and take the appropriate blood sample.

If the results are available we can send them to you, you should also have the values here

want to discuss with the doctor, a 2nd conversation would be added.

According to local virology, these are neutralization tests

In addition to laboratory testing costs, there is number 1 (consultation) factor 2.3 price €10.72 and blood sampling number 250 factor 1.8 price €4.20

For an appointment please contact us on telephone: 069 6301 7478

Currently, I couldn't make an appointment with them as I'm too dizzy, sadly.

Last edited:

godlovesatrier

IMD haven't been very informative on email about why they've pulled the neutralization tests. Would be nice to know if it was due to a false error rate or something. Not sure if anyone has emailed them in German instead of English to find out.

godlovesatrier

Ah yes good point, that might well be the issue. How sad though :(

Guess it's my own fault really, wish I had never been to london clinic of nutrition. My nutritionist was brilliant but as an organisation there approach + some of their products and use of armin labs tests are utter garbage. £1800 down the drain.