• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inositol product that's not made from rice?

Thinktank

I want to try inositol but im allergic to rice. Does anyone know of an inositol productthat's not extracted from rice?

dannybex

I don't, but I think allergies are usually to proteins in various substances, so even if inositol is made or extracted from rice bran, perhaps the protein is filtered out or removed in the process and it might be tolerated just fine...

msf

You´re allergic to rice? I hadn´t heard of that before. Lucky I´m not, it makes up about 80% of my diet! Do you eat paleo then? Or do you not have any problems with wheat?

Thinktank

Yes, unfortunately :(. Rice has been a staplefood in my diet for years, especially when i was still functional and very much into strength training, almost every meal had some rice in it. I believe i'm allergic because of my leaky gut and dysbiosis.

I try to eat paleo-ish, i'm very sensitive to wheat and gluten.

msf

Rice is pretty much the only grain that doesn´t make me feel awful, I hope that I don´t become intolerant to it as well.

Back