• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inosine vs. Immunovir Pranobex

Hd-x

As far as I know Immunovir Pranobex is an immunodulating drug, enhancing IMG, NK cells, shifts the immune system more to Th1 mode and modulates it however so to get better ridd off HSV viruses.
Inosine on the other side seems to be more an anti inflammatory drug with some benefits for ATP + mitochondria. (in mice studies Inosine showed a TH2 shift, but imo this should be no concern if the mice dosages were high)
There are not much studies around Inosine and mostly theories that increased uric levels (after admininistration) helps somewhat against oxidative damages or so.

I noticed a decent energy improvement under Inosine,
but the drug wasnt able to prevent or stop any major HSV1 outbreaks like HD L-Lysine did. This confirms me somehow what I read here & there about Inosine that it didnt have the same (anti-viral) immuno-modulating properties like Imunovir,
I am quite not sure if pulsing Inosine makes much sense..

However anyone tried Inosine + Immunovir together,
and/or pulsed both? (X days Inosine, then off and using Immunovir for X days , then off and using Inosine and so on)

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
As far as I know Immunovir Pranobex is an immunodulating drug, enhancing IMG, NK cells, shifts the immune system more to Th1 mode and modulates it however so to get better ridd off HSV viruses.
Inosine on the other side seems to be more an anti inflammatory drug with some benefits for ATP + mitochondria. (in mice studies Inosine showed a TH2 shift, but imo this should be no concern if the mice dosages were high)
There are not much studies around Inosine and mostly theories that increased uric levels (after admininistration) helps somewhat against oxidative damages or so.

I noticed a decent energy improvement under Inosine,
but the drug wasnt able to prevent or stop any major HSV1 outbreaks like HD L-Lysine did. This confirms me somehow what I read here & there about Inosine that it didnt have the same (anti-viral) immuno-modulating properties like Imunovir,
I am quite not sure if pulsing Inosine makes much sense..

However anyone tried Inosine + Immunovir together,
and/or pulsed both? (X days Inosine, then off and using Immunovir for X days , then off and using Inosine and so on)

When i use immunovir i use it all the time, mostly. It just seems better thatway then pulsing. And id do it anywhere from 6 weeks to several months. Id take a weekend off once in awhile purely incase my uric acid levels were up. Id didnt see the point in pulsing as id feel crap on the low dose days.

Ive tried inosine a few timez and i dont really rate it. I think it may have helped the first time i used it but that was a fluke. After that i didnt notice much from it. Inosine and immunovir are very different.

If i was going to use it now, id take 1 gram three timrs a day for 3 months and then have a month off and repeat. Id be on antivirals with it too.

Hd-x

Id didnt see the point in pulsing as id feel crap on the low dose days.If i was going to use it now, id take 1 gram three timrs a day for 3 months and then have a month off and repeat.
It sounds that it helped you somewhat if you ´d feel worster on low dose days.
Is Immunovir Pranobex till today part of yours dosing regime, do you recommend uric level checks?

Last edited:

heapsreal

It sounds that it helped you somewhat if you ´d feel worster on low dose days.
Is Immunovir Pranobex till today part of yours dosing regime, do you recommend uric level checks?

Im feeling alot better over the last 3 years. But i used immunovir off and on but regularly on antivirals. I believe it did help. If i had a down period for awhile id use it again for several months which i think it helped.

I did do some before and after nk number tests and there was an increase in nk numbers. At the time i couldnt get nk function testing done but its possible this improved also.

Cycloferon is another immune modulator i used alot and i have tests showing it increased nk function. It also noticeably made me feel better. But i think most immune modulators your body gets a tolerance too, so i think one needs to take breaks from it. I have several threads on cycloferon here if you search the forums.

Do i recommend uric acid testing on immunovir? Uric acid test is generally a part of a full blood test with liver and kidney function. I think most cfsers should get it done twice a year. Maybe after a couple of months of using immunovir, get it tested and see how you react. Otherwise take 2 days off every 2-3 weeks should keep uric acid down. Every 3-4 months take a full month off or keep it on hand if you start having a viral crash. After awhile you will work out the best way to dose it for you.

Immune modulator can be apart of one cfs treatment plan for infectious onset cfs or tests show you have a chronic infection or your immune system testing looks like your fighting an ongoing infection??

Cheers🍻

Seven7

Seven
I have used both plus the Nk cell activator, I was in years and never got my nks up until 1) I quit fish oil 2) use Nk cell activator ( cheaper and easier access).
1) doctor put me back on fish oil, will see how that goes.

Hd-x

Immune modulator can be apart of one cfs treatment plan for infectious onset cfs or tests show you have a chronic infection or your immune system testing looks like your fighting an ongoing infection??
Blood work shows a chronic immune system activation and few swollen lymph nodes.
Th1+Th2 increased, but with a clear Th2 shift. Beside this increased IL8, IGG2, TGF-ß. decreased Cd8+. I guees most off this may be triggered by MCAS, but there are also high HSV1 titers that is sometimes linked with FMS.
Obvisously, getting ridd off high HSV1 titers with Immunorvir may improve few things further.
Cycloferon sounds interesting, too.
Still wasnt currently able to find an EU seller, on ebay are still topical creams availble.

Last edited:

Hd-x

Im feeling alot better over the last 3 years.

I would still leave a feedback about my experience with Inosine.
I´am now since few months on Inosine and switched it temporary on/off (to figure out what it does or not)
2month ago I was still able to do just 1Set ISO + 1Set BTN Press in low rep range. With the BTN exception, I wasnt able to do any other compound exercise without crashing hard the next days with PEM + pretty sore muscle pain.
Increasing T dosing + stacking ATP supplements (Creatinglycerolphosphate, MSP, ß-Alanin, HMB, L-Citrullin, EAA, etc.) helped for strenght & rep range, but didnt fix the PEM nor the sore muscle isssue.

I added Inosine after my Creatine & ß-A levels were restored (to rule out that this had any impact)
It significantly decreases PEM and volume went up from 1 to 2-3S , interestingly -> with Inosine, much less sore muscle pain the next days :)
If I was going off from Inosine, PEM and sore muscle problems came back, so I can with some confidence say the stuff fixes (in my case) to some degree those problems.

The only annyoing thing is that I dont know for sure why Inosine helps in combination with ATP supplementation. Well, I guess I will never know and should be gratefull that it helps.

Last edited:

heapsreal

The only annyoing thing is that I dont know for sure why Inosine helps in combination with ATP supplementation. Well, I guess I will never know and should be gratefull that it helps.
Interesting 🤔 inosine was used many years ago as a sports supplement that improved energy, maybe some sort of synergy with the ATP supps.

One thing i noticed with inosine was that it did reduce muscle pain some. One theory is that it increases uric acid levels and in combination with cholesterol, it can reduce inflammation??

I noticed you said increasing your T dose, are you on TRT? For me its helped alot also. You also use hmb. Prior to TRT i found hmb did help abit with muscle recovery. Looks like you have done alot of research into different sports supps.

What ive found useful for exercise is cardarine, also called GW501516. Its not energizing like a stimulant at all but it improves energy while exercise and short term recovery between bouts of exercise. So it would help me do a few more reps and between sets Id get my breath back and able to speed up my turn around time for the next set. In short it helps your body better utilize carbs and fats for energy and improves insulin sensitivity and cholesterol. There is one study showing increased cancer risks but from reviews of this study its flawed in that they use massive doses in rats, well above what and petson would use. So its good to have all the knowledge on it out there. Ive used it for 6 weeks and will probably use it in similar cycles.

Cheers

Hd-x

I am currently on 175mg/e7d, will go up to 200mg. Beside T+ ATP supps + Inosine, I am also taking ALA + Omega 3 fish oil, obviously it helps further reducing chronic inflammation.
Well, my observation is that smaller muscle groups respond way better than large muscle groups. I guess this has something to do that with CFS we cant produce enough ATP to keep up a proper energy level and as larger the muscle groups = as more (energy) trouble.
Precharging P with MSP, stacking ß- Alanine, Creatine, HMB, Inosine, L-Citrulline with usefull minerals for proper mitochondria function (ZN/Cu and so on) , may give something in return.
L-Glutamine that should fix "leaky gut" + shortens recovery time did just nothing for me. Instead off BCAA I am using EAA.

What ive found useful for exercise is cardarine, also called GW501516.
Beside Cardarine, also SR9009 looks promising, but I havent tried any SARMs yet. I am affraid about unknown side effects and that stuff produced in any U-lab could be stretched with unwanted (in the worst case toxic) ingredients. Too my surprise, one company is selling on E*** stuff like Aicar , GHRP2 , BPC-157 as "research drugs". Some Peptide sprays have (on the paper) interesting effects like anti-inflammatory, faster wound healing and so on,
unfortunalty, it seems hard to find any human trials & studies.

Last edited:

GlassCannonLife

I have used both plus the Nk cell activator, I was in years and never got my nks up until 1) I quit fish oil 2) use Nk cell activator ( cheaper and easier access).
1) doctor put me back on fish oil, will see how that goes.

Hi @Seven7, did you end up checking if it worked while taking fish oil? I take quite a lot daily and just saw this product on sale on iherb so was hoping to find out if it is legit!