• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inosine & LDN

usedtobeperkytina

I have seen these suggested. I don't know much about them. Using Google, I see that the prescription of Isoprinosine is from Ireland or other countries than U.S. and is expensive. What is the supplement form and do I get that from herb shop or do I have to buy that on line also?

LDN, can I get that from herb shop or only from on line?

Tina

helsbells

I don't know if you can get LDN online, mine is compounded by a chemist and I have it on prescription - it isn't that expensive though - but then I take ultra low doses not the 3mg people seem to take.

Tammie

the website low dose naltrexone (I think it's .org) is a good place for more info on LDN.....and the only way to get it is via script & compounded specially - only a few pharmacies do it correctly - it cannot be made slow release and there are certain additives that cannot be used (I can't remember them offhand, but the website will tell you & it explains why, too)

the pharmacies that compound it will mail it to you anywhere in the country.....a typical months supply is around $30 - $40 depedning on s&h

also if you do try it I would start much lower than they say....I had a really bad reaction starting with the full amt and found that many others have reported the same thing; however, if you start very low ( even as low as .5 mg) and gradually increase it can be really hlepful

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
supplement inosine is very cheap, my initial response from this was complete recovery for about 4 weeks, even my insomnia disappeared but i have never been able to reproduce this so maybe a fluke, but it does help with joint pain, it does increase uric acid levels which work as an antioxidant but to high a level can cause gout, but never had a problem with this.
cheap supplement source and other supps i get from bodybuilding.com even cheaper than iherb http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/pre.html , i have recently found this site that sells immunovir/isoprinosine which is well priced http://www.pharmplexdirect.com/imunovir-tablets-500mg-p-3669.html

cheers!!!!

sela

cheap ldn is at alldaychemist. i think it is called naltima. you have to take a 50 mg pill put it in 50 ml of water and use a dropper to dispense it. very very cheap this way. years supply less than $100.

cfs since 1998

Inosine is an ingredient in isoprinosine, but only 25%. Goldpharma.com isoprinosine is cheap at $15 for a box of 30 tablets, though you have to pay shipping and prescription fees.

I would take isoprinosine over LDN, LDN disrupted my sleep and it's already disrupted enough as it is. I had no side effects from isoprinosine. Though I've heard that if you lean toward the fibromyalgia end of the spectrum as far as symptoms, LDN is better at providing relatively quick symptomatic relief. You have to take iso for a long time, a year or more.

Lynn

Interestingly, about 5 years ago I tried Isoprinosine for about 6 months (prescribed by Dr. Cheney) but didn't feel that it did anything for me so stopped. LDN on the other hand really threw me for a loop in the last year. I finally stopped it after nine months because I felt like I was regressing in my symptoms instead of getting better.

Lynn

inosine seemed to draw blanks with my drs here - is it 'just' a b vitamin though?

really interested to read your comment sela..had never even thought of that. just looking into LDN properly for the first time now.