• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inosine and Oxymatrin

Shanti1

Administrator
I am considering trying Inosine and Oxymatrin (Inosine first and then adding in Oxymatrin if Inosine is tolerated). My main objective is to support a Th1 response over Th2. For the Oxymatrin, I prefer to take a stand-alone product instead of the equilibrant because it is better for me to test things one-at-a-time and multi-ingredient formulas are often problematic. Is anyone else taking stand-alone Oxymatrin? Would also be interested in any additional experience people have with taking either of these substances. Thank you.

helen1

@Shanti1
I’ve been taking oxymatrine for 3 weeks, low dose. I haven’t noticed much, but maybe I feel slightly worse so I don’t know if its worth continuing.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I take Oxymatrine. It's one of the things that in the beginning gave me a tiny boost. Now I feel it if I miss a day so continue to take it. However, it has not made my ME significantly better unfortunately. I think there are other issues going on as well that need to be addressed.

So far through the years I've only found things that give me a little help. A handful of them still work like the oxymatrine that way but others stop working altogether. :(

I did try the Inosine as well. At first, it seemed like it was helping but then it started to feel like it was affecting my heart so I went off of it.

I talk about that more in this thread and why I think it affected me adversely: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...cmafplus-com-in-hong-kong.79370/#post-2275989

Springbok1988

I take oxymatrine. Two months ago, before starting on it, I could barely get out of bed or off the couch. Now my pain has drastically reduced, I’m able to make myself quick meals, and do some light cleaning. My quality of life has definitely improved. The only down side is that it has made my psoriasis come back.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I didn’t see much benefit until I started taking one pill before bed each night. I take one when I get up, one in the middle of the day, and one right before bed. The immune system is more active at night so that makes sense. It’s also possible that it just coincidentally started to work soon after I started taking it at night.

Last edited:

Shanti1

Administrator
So far through the years I've only found things that give me a little help. A handful of them still work like the oxymatrine that way but others stop working altogether. :(

I did try the Inosine as well. At first, it seemed like it was helping but then it started to feel like it was affecting my heart so I went off of it.

Hi Judee- thanks for your feedback on both products. Most things I try make me worse, but I still keep trying as I have uncovered a few select things that seem to help.

Shanti1

Administrator
I take oxymatrine. Two months ago, before starting on it, I could barely get out of bed or off the couch. Now my pain has drastically reduced, I’m able to make myself quick meals, and do some light cleaning. My quality of life has definitely improved. The only down side is that it has made my psoriasis come back.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I didn’t see much benefit until I started taking one pill before bed each night. I take one when I get up, one in the middle of the day, and one right before bed. The immune system is more active at night so that makes sense. It’s also possible that it just coincidentally started to work soon after I started taking it at night.

Thanks for sharing your experience and the dosing you use. I'm glad it has given you some benefit.

Pyrrhus

Unfortunately, no. The effect seemed to fade and it made my psoriasis get worse and worse.

That's interesting. If I remember correctly, when I tried oxymatrine many years ago I developed an irritation to my regular face cream.

When I stopped the oxymatrine, the irritation went away. I don't remember seeing any lasting benefit from oxymatrine...