• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inhaled budesonide in the treatment of early COVID-19 illness: a randomised controlled trial

Ecoclimber

Inhaled budesonide in the treatment of early COVID-19 illness: a randomised controlled trial

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.04.21251134v1

Conclusion: Early administration of inhaled budesonide reduced the likelihood of needing urgent medical care and reduced time to recovery following early COVID-19 infection.

THREAD ANALYSIS BY DR ERIC DING:

1) Hopeful—ASTHMA STEROID INHALER—promising trial found early use of inhaled budesonide (usually for asthma) reduced risk of needing urgent medical care & reduced time to #COVID19 recovery by ~1 day! Also treat 8 patient prevent 1 deterioration—amazing!

2) Clinical recovery was 1 day shorter in the budesonide arm compared to the usual care arm (median of 7 days versus 8 days respectively, p=0.007). Proportion of days with a fever and proportion of participants with at least 1 day of fever was lower in the budesonide arm.3) Fewer participants randomised to budesonide had persistent symptoms at day 14 and day 28 compared to participants receiving usual care.

3) Fewer participants randomised to budesonide had persistent symptoms at day 14 and day 28 compared to participants receiving usual care.....

....7) Ultimately preventing urgent care and hospital visits is most critical. And the NUMBER NEEDED TO TREAT was a remarkable value of 8! That means for every 8 people treated with inhaler, 1 person was prevented from deterioration to an urgent-care / hospital visit! Wow

8) The other beauty of this inhaler is that it is (relatively inexpensive) and widely available already on the market. I want to see another study confirming this, but I’m hopeful..

Attachments

• Inhaled budesonide.txt
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

Amazing there's still so little coverage of this treatment.

thought I'd post this review article here: posted in another thread...

this is about COVID and discusses the lack of early treatment.

Blaylock RL. COVID UPDATE: What is the truth?. Surg Neurol Int. 2022;13:167. Published 2022 Apr 22. doi:10.25259/SNI_150_2022

This seems to be one person's opinion wiht references. Its my understanding we now have decent studies indicating ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine don't reduce risks from COVID-19.

Here is an excerpt that says otherwise:

"The majority of these deaths could have been prevented had doctors been allowed to use early treatment with such products as Ivermectin, hydroxy-chloroquine and a number of other safe drugs and natural compounds. It has been estimated, based on results by physicians treating the most covid patients successfully, that of the 800,000 people that we are told died from Covid, 640,000 could have not only been saved, but could have, in many cases, returned to their pre-infection health status had mandated early treatment with these proven methods been used. This neglect of early treatment constitutes mass murder."

My big concern today- my vaccinations aren't current, exposure risk high tomorrow.

No pills exist in our town. I'm housebound and already sick.

it seems to me there actually IS NO EARLY TREATMENT.

(eg. it seems you can get tests locally at the park. But you won't have a result wiht in five days and therefore won't be able to get the pill which I cannot even locate). And the whole time, your possibly getting sicker and sicker and might die?

hapl808

I'm not convinced that we know much of anything about early treatment. I'm skeptical of some of Big Pharma's studies where they get to 'investigate' adverse events and decide which were caused by the intervention. As we've all experienced, it's quite easy to dismiss patient reports. But I'm also skeptical of 'based on results by physicians' because we've also heard of physicians with 90% success rates treating ME/CFS yet somehow we've all been in the unlucky 10%? Meh.