• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Individuals with mild cfs

nerd

Vitamin D, B6, SAMe, NAC, removing sugars from my diet, adding more nuts to my diet, but all of this was specific to my results.

I've never been a severe case but mild is already bad enough :vomit:
I was on the brink of getting into moderate territory while I was cycling everyday to work.

What helped me the most in the last seven years:
  • for stress and anxiety relief( had even some panic attacks):
    • Wim Hof Method ==> almost exclusively the breathing exercise; it's available on youtube
    • Meditation
  • general improvement:
    • switching to a Keto Diet: almost doubled my energy envelope :D
      • mostly greens, nuts, cheese, eggs and olive oil
      • no sugar, no cookies, no bread, no pizza
      • max 20g of carbs/ day
      • since August/20
  • for pain/ stiffness:
    • open focus meditation
    • Feldenkrais
  • sleep
    • LDN

Booble

For me it's about work arounds to daily living. I guess that's kind of about hiding it to others.
I come up with little methods to get through times when I have to meetup with people, tricks to get in a little bit of exercise (not really exercise, exercise), and generally ways to be OK and ignore the symptoms knowing they won't kill me. Keeping my mind on things so I don't dwell on feeling shit. And rest, rest, rest between everything. Being horizontal rather than vertical is necessary for me.

After I took low-dose naltrexone (3 mg every night), my case went from moderate to mild in about a month. Brain fog was my worst symptom, and that's the symptom the treatment eliminated.

Jackb23

My illness is largely defined by my cognitive impairment and brain fog.

Things that have helped with negligible side effects:
Wellbutrin
Focused meditation

Things that have helped but give me some side effects:
Selegiline
Neurofeedback
Zoloft
Magnesium Threonate
Sodium Benzoate
D-Serine
Ketamine

Things That Didn’t help and made situation worse:
rTMS

If you can handle the things from the first two sections they may be well worth your time but be careful with some of them. Namely the d-serine.