• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In So Much Pain, What Did I Do Different?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Sorry, I hope I did not boot someone's post. I am having one of the worst pain flare ups that I have had in a long time. It is either stress or some of the new supplements I have been taking or both. My husband just went away on a business trip, so I am thinking it has something to do with "picking up the slack" while he is gone because he does a lot around the house. I got home from work, cleaned the kitchen and washed some clothes and then decided to clean my dirty fridge.--Mistake. I also applied for a full-time position today with some or a lot of pressure from the hubby. It is the job I usually do, but full-time. My job is really easy, but I am still worried about the extra hours. I ended up filling out the wrong application with my resume and had to fill out another and fax it in with my disfunctional fax machine. They probably have a million faxes on their end because it was not showing whether or not it was delivered.

I guess a better title for my topic for this post would be what happens when you do to much in one day--Ouch!!!!

P.S. The only supplement I have been taking that is new is fish oil. Has anyone ever experienced problems with fish oil. I am warry of taking any more.

Dainty

For a very long time my reaction to even small amounts of vitamin D would cause unbearable, irretractable pain. It confounded all my doctors, sicne vitamin D is supposed to relieve pain, but that's what it did....didn't matter what form it was in, what other ingredients there were, etc.

But I know that pushing myself too far also causes a lot of pain. For me, the two different pains are very distinct from each other.....as is fibro pain from those....lol

Anyway, unfortunately the only way to find out, as you already know, is to experiment with it. If I were you I'd cut out the fish oil, rest up for a while, and then wait until you're in a good place to try the fish oil again.

I found that a brand of raw, fermented, minimally processed cod liver oil has been the one I tolerated the best. Even though there was still my typical symptom of that pain for the first two weeks, it wasn't as bad as with the other vitamin D attempts, and that could be due to a variety of factors. Anyway the brand is Blue Ice, if you're interested in checking it out.

If you have too much pain than you should contact to the expert doctor for better treatment. I think this pain is just because of your over working load. You should do as much you can and no need to do all work completed in a single day. You should take some food which contains energetic compliments like vitamin D.

Tammie

I can not take fish oil anymore and I really wish I still could, because it actually helped my pain A LOT....helped with other things, too.....can't take it bc it won't stay down, not bc of any other issues with it

one important thing, though, but you probably know this......make sure it is mercury free, bc if not that could cause all sorts of problems, including increased pain

Stone

What's the weather doing in your area? People with ME/CFS and FM are all highly sensitive to changes in barometric pressure. It's a nightmare for me personally, as I am extremely sensitive to even the slightest change in barometer. When it rains or God-forbid, we have a severe thunderstorm, I'm in a ball, rocking back and forth until it's over. There is no amount of pain medication that touches this. Mine is an extreme case of barometric hypersensitivity, but it developed into this over time. When I Googled "Barometric Hypersensitivity" or something along these lines, every item that came up was ME/CFS or FM related. All of them for pages and pages. Hmmmm.

taniaaust1

Sounds to me like ending up with extra work hrs may be a bad idea... and you probably already know that. Pity your husband isnt being more understanding.

I dont know if you are fairly new to this illness or what.. but pushing yourself too much or going over limits can end up at times doing very long term harm.