• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Tom Jarrett

rosie26

I'm also feeling the tears for Tom and his family. I tried to light a candle but it's too hard at the moment. I didn't know Tom but I know how hard severe ME is to endure and I am feeling it for him as I do others.

My deepest sympathy to Toms loved ones.

Gingergrrl

Wow, I know I've already written in this thread but the additional info from Sushi with the link to the memorial page and the picture of Tom when he was healthy just brought me to tears again. Will definitely contribute to the fund for his sons or the ME charity or both, need to go back and re-read it.

What a tragedy for all involved and my deepest condolences to his entire family. I learned through that page that he had 35 nieces and nephews, what a loss for everyone. Am so sad right now and feeling what @Navid was feeling last night... there is so much research, we have to put it into action so people have access to these "experimental" treatments now, not ten years from now. No one should be in 10/10 pain every day either and should have access to pain meds or whatever they need until the cures are found.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Dolphin

I was very sorry to hear of Tom Jarrett's passing.

I have now been severely affected for nearly 22 years. Hope for progress in research is probably the main thing that keeps me going. I'm afraid any talk that research isn't the way forward upsets me. We don't have drug companies investing large sums of money in trials because we don't have a good understanding of the pathophysiology of the illness. The illness has not been easy to understand as it affects so many systems. The amount of money raised for research hasn't been that much when one thinks of the millions of people affected. Outside the US and the UK, the ME/CFS community raises relatively little for research. The funds needed to fully understand and treat this condition have not been made available both by government funders but also because the ME/CFS community has not raised much.

RivkaRivka

Hearing about Tom's passing and what must have been his utter lack of hope on ending his pain and suffering just tears into my soul. I am devastated. He was a really really good man. It was a pleasure to be in contact with him regarding the NIH demonstration he and his family led and then again on the demos just a few months ago. He said he had gone way down hill and was now very very weak. Thank you, Tom, for all you did to try to change our situation. You are one of the good ones. Please rest easy now, my friend. We will carry on with the work you did, and we will make change happen because we must. Because we can't lose any more of our friends to this terrible epidemic. -- Rivka

Nielk

This has been posted by Christine - Tom's wife.

The Lord has been so good to speak to the wrestling's of my heart these past few days. I have the utmost love, respect and admiration for my beloved husband, Tom. He fought well. And although his final decision fell short and was a sin (described by Tom himself), God's grace is extravagant! Tom's final moments were spent at the Lord's feet who offered him forgiveness and grace. Tom is healed and restored. He is with his heavenly Father. Therefore, we rejoice and praise God with a peace that passes understanding.

Tomorrow we celebrate Tom's life. A dear friend is providing the means to have it live streamed at 10 am tomorrow, Friday, July 29. It will also be available to view afterwards.

https://boxcast.tv/view/tom-jarrett-151099
/>

God is still good. God is still faithful. God is still full of grace and love. God is still sovereign. God is still on the throne.

Gingergrrl

@Nielk is it 10 am west coast or east coast time (or both?). No worries if you do not know. Thank you for posting that from Tom's wife.

Dolphin

This has been posted by Christine - Tom's wife.

The Lord has been so good to speak to the wrestling's of my heart these past few days. I have the utmost love, respect and admiration for my beloved husband, Tom. He fought well. And although his final decision fell short and was a sin (described by Tom himself), God's grace is extravagant! Tom's final moments were spent at the Lord's feet who offered him forgiveness and grace. Tom is healed and restored. He is with his heavenly Father. Therefore, we rejoice and praise God with a peace that passes understanding.

Tomorrow we celebrate Tom's life. A dear friend is providing the means to have it live streamed at 10 am tomorrow, Friday, July 29. It will also be available to view afterwards.

/>

God is still good. God is still faithful. God is still full of grace and love. God is still sovereign. God is still on the throne.
The url isn't working. Here is a corrected link:

Last edited:

perrier

Tom may the earth you lie in be as soft as down.

Last edited by a moderator:

dancer

I'm so touched that they invited our wider community in to this service through streaming. I'm drawing great consolation through the scripture and music. Rest in your Savior's arms, Tom. Heartfelt prayers with the family.