• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Spindrift

Christopher

Spindrift passed away earlier this week. I last spoke with her in early May as she was having difficulty finding housing due to mold. I talked with her on the phone from time to time as we shared our experiences dealing with mold toxins. She was always to me optimistic and cheerful. I'm sorry that I did not get to say goodbye to her but she was obviously in a great deal of emotional pain.

RIP.

Someone put together a tribute site for Ocean here:
http://ocean.terwilliger.muchloved.com/

0017696823.jpg

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

I am very saddened to read this and even though I never had the opportunity to interact with Spindrift on PR, I just went back and read a bunch of her posts.

I am so upset learning what she went through with mold and all the generations of her family who suffered with ME. I am currently dealing with a horrific mold situation and she is someone I would have loved to talk to.

God bless you Spindrift and may you now be at peace with no more suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
It's always very sad and heartbreaking to lose a member, regardless of whether there was direct interaction or not. We are all in this together. I did not have the pleasure of personally knowing her.
My condolences to those who got to know her and to her friends and family.
Peace.

bel canto

Spin added lots of humor to her posts on this and other forums. In person, she was full of smiles and laughter. She fought really hard to get back her health and made some real improvements.

If you all remember, she was part of Dr. Montoya's study that required 25 consecutive days of blood draws. A huge ordeal, but she was determined to see it through. She also made several trips to see Dr. Chia in southern California, driving herself hundreds of miles. Her latest efforts were directed at understanding the effects of mold on her health, and trying to find housing that didn't make her really ill. An overwhelming task.

I'm thankful to have known her. I admired her spirit and determination and ability to smile and laugh through really difficult times.

She found friendship here, and I believe it meant the world to her. Rest in peace, my friend.

Tammy

Damn this illness! :cry:

Sp!ndrift was an absolute delight - may she rest in peace.

what an awesome video to show in her memory.(watched it on full screen)...............so many symbolic meanings behind it....................................it raised the hairs on my arms and brought me to tears.............I think she's riding the greatest wave ever now.

Last edited: