• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In memory of PR-member andreasvq

Effi

I did not know Andreas personally, but I remember a few recent threads by him, like the one where he said he was going to travel to the US for treatment. Today I came across his obituary in a local 'In Memoriam' section... I found it hard to believe, so I searched for him on Facebook, and his page has a 'Remembering' tag. His Facebook profile picture is the same as the one he was using on PR. So I'm afraid it really is him...

There's a few lines on his online obituary card that say:

When living has become suffering
Driven to defeat your illness
A way out, unsure and far away
You have fought so hard

He was only 19 years old... RIP @andreasvq ...

leela

This is such terribly sad news. His young life could have been eased, supported , saved, had this illness not been ignored and maligned for a decade before he was even born.
May he find peace and ease in the realms he rests in now. May the world take note of his sacrifice and the sacrifices of so many patients and their families.

Jennifer J

This is so sad.

This is such terribly sad news. His young life could have been eased, supported , saved, had this illness not been ignored and maligned for a decade before he was even born.
May the world take note of his sacrifice and the sacrifices of so many patients and their families.

This sad news is a blunt reminder that the stakes are very high and why we fight so hard to obtain proper recognition and research funding.

We have to keep fighting to change things.

Gingergrrl

I am so sorry to read this and I remember that he was going to travel to the US for treatment but am not sure if this occurred? I did not know him personally but do remember some of his posts.

Am hoping has found peace and may his memory be a blessing to all who knew him. RIP Andreas.

Groggy Doggy

I am very sorry to hear we lost a PR family member. And to be only 19 years young, it's tragic. I found Andreas's FB page and noted the pictures of him cycling in races and one with his bike club.

This one is for you Andreas :heart: RIP

cycle.png