• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In memory of Louise Ramage

Groggy Doggy

I'm planning that tomorrow afternoon I will go to Minister Philpott's office and ask to deliver it to her personally - I do not know if she will be there - I am planning on reading Leeanne's notes aloud - and asking Minister Philpott to respond to Leeanne and the ME community - I then plan to post the video online in honour of Louise.)

Excellent plan! You are fearless! :thumbsup:

Out of our recent ME losses, Louise's story has hit me the hardest. I did not know her while she was with us, but feel a sense of kinship with her (that's hard to explain). :cry:

So thank you so much for honoring Louise's life!:angel::heart::bouquet:

GD:dog:

(ETA: Since Leeanne mentions "please donate to more research", I wonder if it would be helpful if people wishing to make a donation knew where to direct their funds? I'm not aware of Canadian researchers / orgns accepting donations. Ideas?)
I wrote the local ME FM organization in her memorial book online, but they didn't publish it. It is http://mefm.bc.ca/donate-now/ They have a volunteer run phone line which is awesome!

Further when I was checking the online memorial (which expires Aug 28 unless someone pays for it), they had her birth year as 2016 .. so I wrote them and asked them to change it, as I wanted to know her age. Also I noticed 3 people have now written in her book since someone bumped this thread .. so that's nice.

JJ

Groggy Doggy

I wrote the local ME FM organization in her memorial book online, but they didn't publish it. It is http://mefm.bc.ca/donate-now/ They have a volunteer run phone line which is awesome!

Further when I was checking the online memorial (which expires Aug 28 unless someone pays for it), they had her birth year as 2016 .. so I wrote them and asked them to change it, as I wanted to know her age. Also I noticed 3 people have now written in her book since someone bumped this thread .. so that's nice.

JJ
I just feel so helpless when I think of beautiful Louise; is there anything I could have done? It's just so sad when wonderful people leave behind their loving families. It's still so painful to think about.