• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Greeneagledown

I just wanted to share with the Phoenix Rising community about the death of one of your members and my fiance, greeneagledown.

His health had been continuing to deteriorate, with the development/worsening of several co-morbid conditions on top of CFS. He was bedbound the last 2 years of his life, and died last year.

He really appreciated this community, and especially appreciated the time @Jonathan Edwards took to answer his questions. He also derived a lot of hope from Dr. Ron Davis, and his heart went out to Whitney Dafoe. @Janet Dafoe. He wanted a cure for all of you.

He died by suicide, but I still consider him the strongest person I know.

perrier

My deepest condolences to you. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of another dear member. When I hear this, the rage just wells up: ME patients deserve the urgency that was provided for AIDS research. This is just unacceptable. May the earth be a bed of down for your sweetheart.

Thank you, @perrier. There is so much suffering from ME/CFS, often invisible suffering. It will be wonderful when there is a cure someday. It will not be soon enough to help those we have already lost, though, and that is heartbreaking.

GlassCannonLife

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine the pain you're having to endure at the moment.

Lack of effort in curing ME is unforgivable. Too many lives wasted and lost.

EtherSpin

I'm so sorry for what he went through and that the awful situation took him from you too

may the things he selflessly wished for (for other people) come to pass and the injustice of the time and funds not yet devoted sufficiently to his and our cause be known