• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Amberlin Wu.

Dolphin

**********...people need to be careful about what they say about others publicly.

I wish people would keep this in mind and post calmly if they can - disagree if you feel it is necessary, but try to do it in a calm way, and ideally make points about the points one disagrees with rather than the individual/being too personalised.

Wayne

Description of Transition at the Time of Death

As some of you know, Im a long-time member of a spiritual group called Eckankar. Recently, my partner (also an Eckist) said a few words at her mothers memorial service. Part of what she shared was a reading from the Eckankar memorial service booklet.

This took place in a Methodist Church, and afterwards, a number of people expressed how beautiful they found the words to be, and were quite touched by them (including the minister). Since it was so well-received by them, and I believe is fairly non-denominational, I thought I would share them here.

Ive only briefly visited Amerlins website, but was struck by some of the pictures of her. She certainly seemed to have a grace and goodness about her, and cant help but think the following words might fit in nicely with her unexpected passing.

To preface, the spiritual leader of Eckankar, Harold Klemp, was once asked, What is the transition like when we leave here at death and go to the next place? Heres his response:

In most cases, as we make the transition we are totally unconcerned about it. As bright as the sunlight appears to our eyes, this physical world is a dark, small, mean place compared to the other worlds. You will see settings similar to those on earth, but larger and with a lot more light.

There will be a lightness and spaciousness about the body that you wear there. Soul is once again wearing a body, but It is on a higher plane. It is so natural that generally you dont give it a second thought. And you are always greeted by someone you know and love.

... For people who love truth and love God, its a smooth change. The key really is love.

silicon

Buy a 2013 Calendar and Support ME/CFS Awareness

Some of Amberlin’s friends put together a 2013 calendar with art and writings and ME/CFS Awareness messages from Amberlin. Here is the website that enables ordering one (or more—there is a volume discount):

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-calendars/friends/be-a-light-8295658?vk=c5MNVCPOI5

It was hoped to make this a CFS Awareness fundraiser, but due to the price Mixbook charges and the lateness of the "hour," it was decided just to let people know it's available for purchase, as people think about holiday gifts.

*GG*

Hmm,

I looked into purchasing it ($20), supposedly a cyber Monday discount until 11/28 Code:​
Cybersale12​
Did not see where to apply it!​
GG​

silicon

On the right hand side (under "calculate tax and shipping"), there should be a link that says "have coupon"--when I clicked, it opened up into a box into which I could enter the code...

Bob

Huffington Post blog: In memory of Amberlin Wu: June 27, 1972 to Oct. 4, 2011 to forever ~

A Friend And Fellow M.E./Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Warrior Has Died... But Her Mission Lives On In Us All!
Article by Dr Franky Dolan.
June 27th, 2016.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-syndrome-warrior_us_5771b183e4b06721d4c10dc5

Today is the birthday of one of the greatest friends I will ever have. Amberlin Wu. She died, due to the battle wounds of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; the most belittling disrespectful name ever given to a horrifying life-crippling disease.
Read on...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-syndrome-warrior_us_5771b183e4b06721d4c10dc5

taniaaust1

I cant get the comments on the article on Amberlin Wu? (Im pressing "comments" but nothing happens). What are I doing wrong or are they no longer accessable for reading?