• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

important new book on Dr Fauci - with ME/CFS content

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyMan

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this - moderator, please feel free to move!!

There's a brand new book called "The Real Anthony Fauci" by Robert F Kennedy Jr (JFK's nephew). It's an absolutely devastating portrait of Fauci, meticulously researched.

The most disturbing conclusion is that ME/CFS would no longer exist if Fauci and Big Pharma were not in charge of the American healthcare system. And that ME/CFS and AIDS are a lot more closely connected than I had realized. And that the avuncular, gentle-seeming Fauci doesn't actually care about anyone's health - his only interest is (and always has been) amassing power and money.

It's a very long book, so if you're interested, consider downloading the audio-book (e.g., from Audible.com/Amazon, where a free trial membership is available).

hapl808

I'm skeptical of any conclusion that says, "ME/CFS would no longer exist if…" because we've spend billions on cancer and the common cold and haven't cured either one. I don't know how the book comes to that conclusion (we have improved HIV outcomes but haven't cured that, either).

I'm not a fan of Fauci at all, but doesn't mean I agree with every criticism of him. He hasn't done shit for ME/CFS, but neither has the CDC, NIH, AMA, the entire field of psychiatry, etc.

Sounds like just part of the ongoing rise in conspiracy nonsense going around. Also, very American centric. American healthcare is only relevant to Americans, the rest of the world gets ME/CFS regardless of what happens all over there

Hip

There's a brand new book called "The Real Anthony Fauci" by Robert F Kennedy Jr

Robert F Kennedy Jr, is a major anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist, banned from YouTube and Instagram for spreading COVID vaccine misinformation. Cavorts with the likes of British doctor Andrew Wakefield, disgraced for faking his MMR study, and other anti-vaxxers like Del Bigtree and Rashid Buttar. Kennedy wrote the forward to Judy Mikovits's book, demonstrating a lack of grip on scientific reality. Claims that governments are conspiring to deny that vaccines cause autism.

He may mean well, but he hangs around with the wrong people.

Viruses and bacteria cause untold misery to the human race, and according to some theories, are the likely cause of most chronic diseases, cancers and mental illnesses. Anyone who is against the measures we take to try to control these pathogens is on the wrong side of history.

MonkeyMan

I'm skeptical of any conclusion that says, "ME/CFS would no longer exist if…" because we've spend billions on cancer and the common cold and haven't cured either one. I don't know how the book comes to that conclusion (we have improved HIV outcomes but haven't cured that, either).

Good point. And just to be clear, this was not a conclusion the author came to. This was my own conclusion after reading the book. But hopefully I'm wrong!

geraldt52

Robert F Kennedy Jr, is a major anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist
I assume you haven't bothered to read the book, or any of its supporting material, before resorting to using the easy/cheap shots of "anti-vaxxer" and "conspiracy theorist"?

Time will tell as to whether vaccines have been a net-positive or net-negative to humanity.

I'm not against the emergency use of individual vaccines, but the current "schedule" of vaccines in the U.S. is insanity...

seamyb

I assume you haven't bothered to read the book, or any of its supporting material, before resorting to using the easy/cheap shots of "anti-vaxxer" and "conspiracy theorist"?

Is it an apology for, and u-turn on, his behaviour prior to writing the book, which is the definition of antivaxxer and conspiracy theorist? Is it a cheap shot if I say I'm going to sit on a chair rather than a four-legged oak steed of comfort and robustness?

Time will tell as to whether vaccines have been a net-positive or net-negative to humanity.

Time has already told this. It is the former by a large margin.

I'm not against the emergency use of individual vaccines, but the current "schedule" of vaccines in the U.S. is insanity...

Do you know something every country's top universities and health authorities don't? Have you uncovered flaws in the methodologies of the stage 3 trials conducted? Which university did you get your doctorate in immunology from?

I've busted a gut trying to prevent this comment from being removed but you made it very difficult. Kudos.

Hip

If alleviation of human suffering and making human existence a happier experience are the primary goals, then I think we are not developing new vaccines at a fast enough rate. An EBV vaccine may well eradicate multiple sclerosis, and possibly reduce the incidence of autoimmune disease. A coxsackievirus B vaccine may well eradicate type 1 diabetes, lots of heart disease, Parkinson's, motor neuron disease and others. Not to mention dramatically reduce the incidence of ME/CFS.

Sure, vaccines have side effects, and around 1 or 2% of ME/CFS patients report that their illness started with a vaccination. So studying these adverse effects is important, but not the way that Robert F Kennedy Jr is going about it.

He claims he is not anti-vaccine, just pro-safer vaccines. However, safer vaccines will require scientific research from the finest researchers. Does Robert F Kennedy Jr campaign to raise money for such research? No, instead he pumps his money into anti-vax adverts on social media. He spends $millions on such anti-vax adverts. That does not move the science forward one bit.

Last edited:
"ME/CFS would no longer exist if Fauci and Big Pharma were not in charge of the American healthcare system"

So who exactly would be in charge of the American healthcare system? The common thread of these new conspiracy groups are that they critique monopoly capitalism and then offer literally no alternative. A lot of the time it turns out that the groups criticising big pharma are funded by the fossil fuel industry, which basically just tells me they're trying to undermine scientific consensus on climate change so they can keep the oil and gas gravy train pumping.

Not to mention that people outside the US get ME/CFS,

I don't care at all for Fauci - he probably is a disgusting careerist. But these critiques are so bad-faith and useless it's frustrating. Always just boils down to "capitalism is bad, let's solve it with a different style of capitalism that makes me money instead."

Status
Not open for further replies.