• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immune System Lab Tests

Hysterical Woman

Hi Everyone,

I had immune system testing done years ago and the values were quite abnormal. I want to get tested again, but the doctor I saw at that time is no longer in practice. I specifically want to look at the Th1 Th2 data.

Does anyone have a recommendation for specific immune tests (and a good lab)?

Thanks,

Maxine

Tony

Still working on it all..
VIP labs in Reno would have a good suite of tests available.

http://www.redlabsusa.com/cfs/

I've had a fair few tests done at redlabs in Belgium for TH1/TH2 ratio, C4A serum level, lots of IgA and IgM to bacterias, EBV, CMV, elastase, HHV6/7, soluble CD14 (leaky gut indicator), IL-6, IL-8, IL-10 and NK Cell activity and a few other things.

Hysterical Woman

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your suggestion. Of course, that lab is the most logical one to use. I have already been in contact with them about a possible XMRV test. Years ago I was tested by them for RNaseL (the blood had to go to Belgium at that time).

Take care,

Maxine

S

Solon

Tony, where did you get those values tested exactly in Belgium??

Does anyone know of the cytokine gene expresseion assay?? It is said to be important for evaluating TH1/TH2 response ratios.