• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immediate symptoms from missing Valtrex = Imaginary?

Forummember9922

I miss a dose of Valtrex I feel terrible mentally that day.

My confusion here is that this seems impossible - because it would therefore imply that a virus replicates at lightspeed.

it would seem more logical that I would get weird symptoms, say, 5 days later or something?

I guess this is more about viral replication rates and rates of control from interventions.

TLDR Is such a thing even possible.

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

Sometimes I think there are just too many symptoms. I can't keep track of this many dysfunctions, this many pains, throbs, and not working rights.

Your response might be imaginary. Or its just the complexity of tracking so much, and frankly the subjective nature of many of our symptoms.

And in my case, I have so many shifts in symptoms thru out the day. Is this my "falling apart after 3 pm thing?" or is it the hypoglycemic attack; and why are my feet so numb right now. And how numb are they, exactly.

My daughter being here, and asking me to do things, creates a huge Stressor which also influences my ability to follow and track symptoms and whether X is helping or not.

and if your an inconsistent type person oh dear. (thats me, consistency is boring)

Rufous McKinney

like my brain is scrambled eggs

I stopped expecting a functional brain. Perhaps I did so prematurely. Ive got significant cognitive problems and can no longer "do" (meaning think") MOST THINGS.

This is not who I am, this is a very different person here now, responding in this way to these Trying Circumstances.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
You said "scrambled eggs" but the video is about negative thoughts so I'm guessing what you mean is that the antivirals make you feel more upbeat. ???

If so, antibiotics, when they work for me, do that as well.

Edit: Why don't you take the Tenofovir today too to see if it happens again maybe?
Or maybe if you have them, a Valtrex again instead. ???

Last edited:

Forummember9922

You said "scrambled eggs" but the video is about negative thoughts so I'm guessing what you mean is that the antivirals make you feel more upbeat. ???

If so, antibiotics, when they work for me, do that as well.

Edit: Why don't you take the Tenofovir today too to see if it happens again maybe?
Or maybe if you have them, a Valtrex again instead. ???
Dark thoughts and feeling like my brain is swiss cheese (or scrambled eggs) always come as a duo.

I took some Tenofovir today and felt a little bit better.

To circle back to my original post- essentially asking is this even possible? Same day mental effects from antivirals?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Perhaps in the way that people have reported feeling better when they get a cold or break a bone (iirc that was Jyoti) and go into a sort of remission from the immune activation rather than that it's already drastically lowering your viral titres in just a day.

Although when you look at how doctors prescribe them for cold sores etc some of the treatment times are just one day so maybe. ???

Hopefully one of the brainiacs on the site will give you a better answer. (I hope.) :)