• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Imagine? Homeless with Fibro and Autism!

Carrigon

It happens. A few years back, there was a story about a woman with CFIDS who ended up homeless. She did get into a shelter for awhile, but they forced her to do chores there even though she was very sick and told the director she was not well enough to do them. They told her if she didn't do the cleaning and take out the garbage and whatever, she would be thrown out. They threw her out after a number of months anyway because they only allowed people to stay a certain amount of time. She said she lived on the beach for awhile, then in a car. And I don't know what happened to her after that. But she was very sick. So, yes, it does happen.

Tia

Oh how I feel for these two! I to have been homeless but thankfully I had somene att the time I could live with until I got my own place again, so I didn't have to seek up a shelter. What ME does to you..it's sick really but more sick is that doctors doesn't take it seriously. Also this xmrv-thing.. It's interesting that her daughter developed autism, that goes hand in hand with the xmrv-model.