• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Im outta here. Thank you for everything.

gregh286

Hi all.
Still very functional on ala somewhere 80-90 on bells.
Can drop to 50 when I misbehave in diet and alcohol but rebound quickly again next day to baseline 80/90.
I have noticed some things since I started it I didn't notice connection before.

My peripheral neuropathy has direct relationship to carb/glucose intake. More carb more neuropathy and.more.neuropathy I have more fatigue. It's a good energy marker in my case.

Just like a diabetic but with stable blood sugar levels instead.

When my CFS comes on stronger taking high amounts of carb creates huge increase in HR from 55 rest to 100 ish. It's like a crazy case of POTS. When I stand HR can goto 120 or more. HR stability is without doubt my best indicator of CFS state and aerobic ability at any one point in time.

But so easily reversed next day it can totally disappear and POTS gone.

There is a desperate misplacement of carb energy in down spells and heart starts to work really hard for some reason. Body just wont seem to burn the glucose and HR can stay high for hours. This is quite exhausting in it's own right....like jogging for 4 hours. I imagine huge levels of oxidative stress is happening during this misfiring period.
Also, this shocks the body and it starting to pump out adrenaline in panic mode and flood cortisol to dampen inflammation caused by misfiring burner. Adrenal fatigue quick to happen under this condition.

Easy to see how this process can create such a vast array of CFS symptoms.

For these reasons my daily carb intake is kept very low and this maintains a good state of homeostasis. I did try this in past with less success but at that time my adrenals were shot and now they in decent shape low carb quite easy.

Ala offsets the neuropathy even more.

It has great improvement in air hunger too. From my personal experience I believe this comes from diaphragm muscle not functioning flexibly and we have to inhale more forcefully to move it to get a satisfying deep breath. Pretty annoying symptom that.

I really think how close our symptoms cross with diabetics yet we still can't get answers.

Anyways maybe it can help someone.
Please God deliver us all from this brutal entrapment.
Hope has never been better than it is now. We all have opinion on cfs but for me inhibited PDH pathway by immune system has to be the best candidate.

Ta ra for now.

Last edited: