• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I'm losing my eyebrows!

Learner1

Have you tested reverse T3 and thyroid antibodies?

I lost mine with platinum bases chemo...as @Riman says above, could it be some sort of toxicity? A provoked urine Doctors Data heavy metals test, a Great Plains mycotoxin test, or perhaps the Acumen test for DNA adducts might help you figure it out.

virtual

Traveller
Have you tested reverse T3 and thyroid antibodies?

I lost mine with platinum bases chemo...as @Riman says above, could it be some sort of toxicity? A provoked urine Doctors Data heavy metals test, a Great Plains mycotoxin test, or perhaps the Acumen test for DNA adducts might help you figure it out.

rT3 is not tested, there are no antibodies. Toxins - maybe - I suspect Levofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, which I took to fight various bacterial infections to be poisonous. Also, Gadolinium is suspicious. I wish it was possible to avoid them. Full DNA testing is in progress as I want to have clear conditions at least in this point.

Lisa108

Loss of the lateral (outer) eyebrows can be a sign of an insufficiency of the anterior (frontal) pituitary gland.

This is due to a lack of the hormones called FSH (follicle stimulation hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone).

Other regions with hairloss would be the pubic region and the armpits.

Learner1

rT3 is not tested, there are no antibodies. Toxins - maybe - I suspect Levofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, which I took to fight various bacterial infections to be poisonous. Also, Gadolinium is suspicious. I wish it was possible to avoid them. Full DNA testing is in progress as I want to have clear conditions at least in this point.
All good areas to look!

The rT3 is a cheap, easy test, so that might be the low hanging fruit. My rT3 was 500 when first tested, now it's 14, well within range. My TSH had slways been a perfect 1.0 but I had all kinds of thyroid symptoms, and going on T3 wss a tremendous help.

virtual

Traveller
All good areas to look!

The rT3 is a cheap, easy test, so that might be the low hanging fruit. My rT3 was 500 when first tested, now it's 14, well within range. My TSH had slways been a perfect 1.0 but I had all kinds of thyroid symptoms, and going on T3 wss a tremendous help.
Thank you, I will try this. Talk to my MD.

Learner1

Thank you, I will try this. Talk to my MD.
You're welcome. In case your MD resists, you might want to familiarize yourself with these 2 documents by the same doctor. One is a schematic approach up to treating ME/CFS, the link here discusses how reverse T3 fits into it:

www.holtorfmed.com/treating-thyroid-conversion-disorders-with-t3

The second attachment discusses thyroid in ME/CFS abd fibromyalgia patients and how to treat it - some doctors only will prescribe T4 (Synthroid/levothyroxine) which is not adequate is high rT3 is the problem. I was put on T3 (Cytomel/liothryonine) until my rT3 was in range for awhile, and then my doctor loerted the T3 dose and added T4. Some people take natural thyroid (Armour, etc.) but they all contain allergens I can't take, so the T3/T4 combo is working well. The one thing about taking T3 is that your TSH may drop below range, but if you go back off of it once rT3 drops, you can eventually go off the T3 and it should return, as long as rT3 doesn't climb.

Attachments

• Holtorf_Treatment_of_CFS.pdf
    335.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Are_all_CFS_Patients_Low_Thryoid.pdf
    219.8 KB · Views: 9
November 2017:

TSH 3.41 uIU/ml range = 0.35 - 4.94
FT3 2.07 pg/ml range = 1.71 - 3.71
FT4 1.17 ng% range = 0.7 - 1.48

Your FT3 might be low, some people need it in the upper third of the range to feel healthy. My integrative doc put me on a low dose of Cytomel due to FT3 in the lower third of the range, it helped immensely with some symptoms.

virtual

Traveller
You're welcome. In case your MD resists, you might want to familiarize yourself with these 2 documents by the same doctor. One is a schematic approach up to treating ME/CFS, the link here discusses how reverse T3 fits into it:

www.holtorfmed.com/treating-thyroid-conversion-disorders-with-t3

The second attachment discusses thyroid in ME/CFS abd fibromyalgia patients and how to treat it - some doctors only will prescribe T4 (Synthroid/levothyroxine) which is not adequate is high rT3 is the problem. I was put on T3 (Cytomel/liothryonine) until my rT3 was in range for awhile, and then my doctor loerted the T3 dose and added T4. Some people take natural thyroid (Armour, etc.) but they all contain allergens I can't take, so the T3/T4 combo is working well. The one thing about taking T3 is that your TSH may drop below range, but if you go back off of it once rT3 drops, you can eventually go off the T3 and it should return, as long as rT3 doesn't climb.

Thank you. I checked the thyroid values - they were when I felt really ugly and worse in 2017:

fT4 1.26 ng/dl [max 1.12 / min 0.61]
fT3 2.92 ng/l [max 3.9 / min 2.5]
TSH 2.21 mU/l [max 2.5 / min 0.3]

So exactly that happened what the documents describe. A spread between fT4 and fT3.

In 2018 - I am better but not well - I filled up a lack of selenium:

fT4 1.12 ng/l
fT3 3.4 ng/l
TSH 1.29 mU/l

rT3 was never made. Internists said it is all near the ranges and without any importance.

I will follow this.:thumbsup:

Last edited: