• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IgM when relapsing/reactivating Lyme&co?

Hi! I was wondering how the IgM and IgG looks like if you had acute Lyme, was successfully treated with full returned health, but then get a Lyme relapse after a very long time (years or decades later). Obviously your IgG will be positive, but what about the IgM, since you don't have a new infection?

It's my understanding that IgM will rise when the infection recurs.

I'm curious about which IgG bands showed positive with your test results (if you've been tested.)

I tested through Armin Labs; the TickPlex Plus test, and every IgG that I tested for were positive: borrelia, Bartonella, babesia, erhlichia, EBV, parvovirus, rickettsia, coxsackie virus and mycoplasma. Apparently they were quite high too. The ratio for all of them was between 3 and 7 where normal range was up to 0.99. I had acute Lyme disease when I was 4 so it would be weird if no IgG had been positive. My CD57 was 28.

Last edited:

Markus83

I would question the results from Arminlabs and try to validate them in a normal lab. There is another thread called "Undercover in a German Lyme clinic" or something like that. I would read through it.

Concerning reactivating Lyme disease (which in fact is chronic Lyme), it's possible that you get tested positive in IgM, but in most cases there would only be IgG antibodies or even no at all. Rule out other causes as good as possible and then try four weeks of doxycycline; unfortunately we have no reliable test to prove ongoing Lyme infection at the moment.

If your from Germany or you can send your blood to Germany so that it arrives at most 24 h after blood drawing in the lab, then consider the LTT at IMD Berlin which would suggest ongoing infection if positive. However, false negatives do also occur with this test.

I agree with the opinion above. I've just got the results from Armin Labs on Tickplex - I don't really trust them :)

Markus83

What are your results? I don't know a person who has done this test yet. so it's interesting.

Attaching. Notes:
1) I couldn't have IgM positive for B19 and Lyme :) No way I've caught them recently.
2) Regular ELISA and WB testing for Lyme is negative (I know that sensitivity is not so high for them).
3) I live in EU, and I've never travelled to zones where I could catch "Ehrlichia chaffeensis", "Babesia microti" or "Rickettsia akari" - they're positive in the results.

Looks like a waste of money, I think it's better wait for https://www.id-lyme.eu project to be finished.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.02.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.02.43.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.02.56.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.02.56.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.03.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.03.05.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.03.22.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.03.22.png