• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you were recovered tomorrow, what would you do

Rufous McKinney

-break some planks with my fists

Just watched this Tai Chi master breaking planks. After decades of this, and years of- whatever this is....sometimes I actually do just want to break something. So if I could feel 100% recovered and better- maybe I too would want to break and plank and then enjoy gazing at it in two pieces.

maple

I would run the 100 meters. I have already challenged a friend for that day...
and...
Learn to play piano and... and... and!!!

PhoenixDown

I would rent a fast car and buy a guitar (I use to love playing music). I would also start making complaints about my doctor and the psychiatrists who had me sectioned and made my ME permanently worse.

Strawberry

I would clean my house until it shines. BY MYSELF. Then I would landscape my yard so it is more attractive. BY MYSELF. Then I would go through all the boxes in my basement. BY MYSELF. Then I would go INTO a grocery store and pick out my own groceries. BY MYSELF. Then I would plant a veggie garden. BY MYSELF. (can you see how frustrated I get having to have everything done for me?)

Long term maybe I'd find a husband. I've given up trying to even think of that possibility when men 20 years older than me can run circles around me. Heck if I was cured, I'd probably go for someone in their 30s (aka 20 years younger) so THEY could keep up with ME. :rolleyes::rofl::whistle:

Then I'd take care all of the rest of you that didn't get your wish granted. :hug: